Re: Congratulations Drew Bledsoe

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2011
      I agree on all points, George. He had much to do with the emergence of this franchise into an NFL power. And his stats, and record of success with the Patriots are significant. Well deserved, indeed.

      On the other side of the ledger, you are also correct. He relied too much on his natural ability, and never really attempted to address his shortcomings. I remember, for example, his complete inability to sell play action.

      The best quote I read in that regard was from an unnamed former Pats coach who said of Drew, after his departure, "He did everything we asked of him... and nothing more".

      fdb