Patriots All Access Draft nugget

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2011
      Mike Reiss pointed this out

      On Patriots All Access it showed the war room and they were trying to trade pick
      #33 and they wanted a 2nd in 11 and a 2nd in 12 and were not budging from their
      demands.  BB hung up on several teams.  Reiss ssaid they were close with AF for
      a trade of 33 for 45 and next years 2nd.  I think they had Dowling pegged at
      that spot.  As it turned out both Brooks Reed and Jabaal Sheard would have been
      gone at 45.  Da'Quan Bowers would have been available but I don''t think they
      would have taken him.

      SF did make a trade up and it only cost them a swap of picks in Rd 2, a 4th &
      5th this year.
       Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup