Re: [patriotzip] Re: Draft ends pre-draft speculation

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 19 , May 6, 2011
      Brady was 5.23 and Mallett was even slower 5.37.  If he can learn the pocket prescence that Brady has, with that subtle slide and step up, he will be alright.  Mallett has a much stronger arm, especially throwing the ball downfield, which is not one of Brady's strong points.

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

      Message 2 of 19 , May 6, 2011

        J Just struck me that 2K-199 would be a great license plate for TB!

        Good one, Harry!

        George

        NFL owners and players: Don't kill the Golden Gooose. Sign a  CBA!

        Please use BCC, when forwarding this message, to protect  e-mail addresses of your friends and relatives .

        I'm not sure what all this media speculation is about Mallett taking the
        reins from Brady in a few years. If the coaching reports are accurate the
        guy can't run. He can throw and has lots of tools but he cannot run and
        that cannot be coached. After Drew Bledsoe I sure don't want another
        monster arm but immobile QB starting for the team. BB should (and likely
        does) know better as he is one who had a lot to do with making them obsolete.

        Brian Hoyer on the other hand scrambles well, has good size, good accuracy,
        works hard, has two (three?) years in on the Pats system and has played
        well for the Pats when he has had a chance most noticeably the come-back
        pre-season victory over the Giants year before last.

        Harry

        At 05:32 AM 5/6/2011 -0400, you wrote:

        >Hoyer is the back-up and a late pick up named Robinson I believe. Hard
        >to say, the pick surprised me but then I couldn't believe we took a QB
        >at 199 in 2000!
        >
        >Go Pats!
        >Zip
        >www.2020visionquest.org

        "All generalizations, including this one, are false." - Mark Twain

        __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

        "All generalizations, including this one, are false." - Mark Twain

      • Machado.Nicholas

          Message 4 of 19 , May 7, 2011
            Dan Marino, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning were all considered slow too just like Mallet. Like them, he could be an excellent pocket passer. Mallet has tremendous arm strength and accuracy. People who know him say he's hyper competitive and obsessed with studying the game and watching film. He should have gone in the first round. I think the Mallet and Cannon picks are steals. We got first round players in the third and fifth rounds.

            I'm not sold on Solder either, BUT the Devin McCourtney pick last year didn't impress me either and look how that turned out. McCourtney ended up with seven interceptions and a Pro Bowl selection. The draft is hit or miss and Bill Belichick and Co. know a lot more about it than I do.

            Scott Sheaffer
          • Machado.Nicholas
            Message 5 of 19 , May 7, 2011
              Marino never won a SB. PM won one with his GM pulling out all the stops and
              a superb team around him. Manning also hits targets when he is running the
              best of the three IMO. TB won three because he had three sisters who played
              dodge with him when he was growing up and had an excellent cast of veterans
              at key positions around him but it hasn't been working for him for a number
              of years.

              I'm not sold on any of this years picks either. I am encouraged that most
              of the analysts are calling it a great or very good draft for the Pats and
              what I've read looks good but I'll wait at least until the pre-season games
              to get excited about anybody.

              Harry

              At 07:02 AM 5/7/2011 -0400, you wrote:

              >Dan Marino, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning were all considered slow too
              >just like Mallet. Like them, he could be an excellent pocket passer.
              >Mallet has tremendous arm strength and accuracy. People who know him say
              >he's hyper competitive and obsessed with studying the game and watching
              >film. He should have gone in the first round. I think the Mallet and
              >Cannon picks are steals. We got first round players in the third and fifth
              >rounds.
              >
              >I'm not sold on Solder either, BUT the Devin McCourtney pick last year
              >didn't impress me either and look how that turned out. McCourtney ended up
              >with seven interceptions and a Pro Bowl selection. The draft is hit or
              >miss and Bill Belichick and Co. know a lot more about it than I do.
              >
              >Scott Sheaffer

              __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

              "All generalizations, including this one, are false." - Mark Twain
            • Scott Sheaffer
              Message 6 of 19 , May 8, 2011
                <Harry > Marino never won a SB. PM won one with his GM pulling out all the stops and
                a superb team around him. Manning also hits targets when he is running the
                best of the three IMO. TB won three because he had three sisters who played
                dodge with him when he was growing up and had an excellent cast of veterans
                at key positions around him but it hasn't been working for him for a number
                of years.

                <Scott> Between them, Brady and Manning have appeared in six of the last ten Super Bowls, winning four of them. Maybe we can put together a package deal and bring in a pair of far more mobile QBs. How about a trade of Brady and Mallet for Michael Vick and Kevin O'Connell? Those guys have terrific foot speed. How many SBs have they won compared to the mere four produced by Brady and Manning? ; )

                Scott Sheaffer
              • Machado.Nicholas