Slight OT//also draft comments...

    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2011
      I'm so excited---my daughter just got into UCLA!!! The draft took only 3 players from that school--it's not a powerhouse.

      The commentators on ESPN said that no one manipulates the draft like BB and the Patriots are listed as number 2 in strength for the coming season (behind the Slackers).
      I saw a mention that they took Mallett as QB to keep him away from the Dolphins. That's an interesting comment.
    • Machado.Nicholas
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2011
        I have to agree with the ESPN guys. BB took some really interesting picks this year with lots of versatility. Got players late who were expected to go earlier, much earlier in Cannon's case. Once you get clear of the "why no pass rusher" mantra the team looks pretty good for whenever the next season is IMHO.

        Comment I read on Mallett; "he's Drew Bledsoe with issues". Hope the team is able keep Mallett out of the Mosh-Pit.

        Now Brady will have someone he can out-run at camp.

        Harry

        At 12:43 PM 5/2/2011 -0700, you wrote:

        I'm so excited---my daughter just got into UCLA!!! The draft took only 3 players from that school--it's not a powerhouse.

        The commentators on ESPN said that no one manipulates the draft like BB and the Patriots are listed as number 2 in strength for the coming season (behind the Slackers).
        I saw a mention that they took Mallett as QB to keep him away from the Dolphins. That's an interesting comment.

        "All generalizations, including this one, are false." - Mark Twain
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2011
          I read about the issues Mallett has as well, but if anyone can keep him in line it's BB.
          Why wouldn't we want the Fish to get him? Did they want him?
          Even if we don't think BB plugged the holes we feel are needed, he still has a method to his madness. Guess we have to trust him.
          The list I read on ESPN grudgingly put GB at number one (only after the draft so far) because of the SB--and they said we looked really sharp right now.