worried about Quinn
- Quote from draft preview I read a couple of years ago: "The hardest thing to project in the draft is converting a college DE into an NFL OLB." That quote was from Belichick, himself.
Multiple worries about Robert Quinn:
1. He was suspended (judgment?)
2. He was suspended (hasn't played since '09)
3. Conversion from college DE to NFL OLB
4. Benign brain tumor (benign, yes, but have you ever heard of anyone with a brain tumor being completely health for the next 10 years?)
5. Would cost us a lot to move up high enough
6. Would cost us a lot of $
- Quinn appreciates your worries but he's really a very healthy six year
old yellow lab here!
As for the player your worries are valid and I don't think that's
necessarily our top need. I've had trouble getting my usual enthusiasm
for this draft and season due in large part to the uncertainty of the
season. The ruling yesterday helps that along and I admit I'll be
watching with interest what this week/weekend's draft details bring about.
Maybe the ruling and the draft are what this list needs to get moving
forward again. Well that and the real Bru-gnat to return from his hacked