Well, That Ending Sucked

  • Scott Sheaffer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2011
      It was a much better than expected season, although the post season ending was very disappointing. That makes us 0-3 in our last 3 post season games and 0-2 in our last 2 home play off games. The Jets were the better team today. They outplayed us and out coached us. They adjusted to what we did in the second game and took advantage of some poor decisions. (It ended up being a 7 point game, and one Jet touchdown came on the bizarre fake punt decision near the end of the first half.) For me, the toughest part is that we're going have to listen to the Jets and their fans talk all through the off-season.

      On the bright side, those first three draft choices in the first 33 picks? At least the last two won't be 32 and 33 back to back now right? I hope we build well on the foundation we set this year and come back stronger next time out. All those young players got some valuable playoff experience, and hopefully they learned some important lessons that will make the team better going forward.

      As a fan, I enjoyed seeing this team win 14 times although I was disappointed in seeing them lose the game I most wanted them to win. I thank the coaches and players for all the enjoyment they've given me as a fan and all the hard work they put into preparing for the season and each game in it. Next year, I hope the Pats make the playoffs again and win the last game.

      Scott Sheaffer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2011
        Scott, let's just hope that the Steelers take care of business next week and then the trash talk will die down somewhat. They'd still have the dubious honor of beating us, but they wouldn't be in the Super Bowl. I hope they never get there.
        I hate that team for obvious reasons and then there's a personal side to it too.
        I think that the young part of our team will get better and be a threat next year too.

        GO (tearfully) Pats....

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2011
          I agree... much better season then I thought it might have been.  However losing to the Jets it he part that stings the most.  That and the fact that we are 0-3 in the last 3 playoff games.  All of which have left Tom Brady with a confused and completely drained look on his face.  It is almost like he loses some fire when they are down or stuggle?

          Does he need blowouts to pull of wins now?  I sure hope not. I just did not see that fire, the on the sideline talking the team up... finding a way look.

          Not sure why or if the camera just caught him in moments of reflection or what?  But just seemed glazed.

          Chris

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 17, 2011

            Glad to see that I’m not the only one who felt that way, Chris.

            George

            Please use BCC, when forwarding this message, to protect  e-mail addresses of your friends and relatives .