Pats business-like in win over Dolphins

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
      Gronk breaks Pats TD record for TE's. McCourty had another interception.
      Hoyer came in for a couple of downs in the first half. Edelman ran back the
      longest PR in Pats history - 94 yds at the end of the half to make it 24-0.
      Instead of spiking the ball after his TD Crumpler gives it to a little red
      headed kid in the front row. Kid wasn't sure if it was okay to take it.
      Nice gesture by AC. Hoyer in for good with around 10 minutes left in the
      third. Threw a nice long pass to Tate for a TD. Nice pass, nice catch.
      Benny goes over 1000 yds and gets a TD. Ninkovich 2 sacks. Wilfork had 2
      sacks. Taylor Price caught some passes. Fred Taylor looked ready for the
      playoffs moving the pile on several runs later in the game. Belichick's 4th
      14 win season passes George Seiffert's 3 for the NFL record.

      Pats "Kindergarten" defense had the SO going well into the 4th but Darius
      Butler got beat for the TD. The one player on the team who had a terrible
      season. Lost his job to an adequate but often lucky Kyle Arrington, Butler
      hasn't looked good too many times this year and hasn't been able to look
      good on his opportunities. Hopefully it's just a bad case of Sophmore jinx
      and he will bounce back.

      "Individual stats aren't our focus around here" - BB when asked about
      Green-Ellis going over 1000 yds although it was obvious the Pats were going
      for it and took GE out of the game as soon as he went over. BJ was doing
      his best to point out that it takes the whole team to make it happen with
      little success. The reporters have so little imagination or knowledge of
      the game in their questions.

      Pats have the week off to get players healthy and fine tune. I believe
      OL/ace return man Dan Connolly is close. Would be nice to get Mike Wright back.

      Oakland won, SD is winning and Jacksonville is losing so that first round
      pick looks like it will be around 18. Not too high and not too low
      mid-round pick, right where BB likes them in that round.

      Harry
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
        Good analysis Harry!
        Love the record that BB got today--the 4th 14-win season.
        I'm just giddy with excitement..almost hard to contain. The ESPN blabbers were saying that they think the Pats are playing better than their perfect season.
        I sure like our chances right now!!!