RE: [patriotzip] RE: Numbers

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 31, 2010
      Actually the idea wasn't original with me. I read parts from different scribes around the Internet. I remember Zip agreed on the defense getting better all year although I don't think either of us expected the KD to come this far. I also couldn't have envisioned a 14-2 or even 13-3 season. I figured 12-4 was probably the best they could do with some strong tailwind. But I did have faith in them turning things around and got pleasantly surprized. Even more amazing when you consider Bodden and Warren went down before the season even got going as you mentioned.

      I'll never change my opinion on Moss. As soon as he was gone the team started turning around. I had heard about him before he came here and when he did he was everything he was billed to be - supremely talented but selfish, disruptive, self-centered, a cancer in the locker room, a cancer on the field. I almost feel sorry for him because he seems so confused and self-defeating but I would never want him on my team.

      Harry

      At 12:34 PM 12/30/2010 +0700, you wrote:

      OK, Harry, I grant you your I told you so . J

      I have to say, however, that I think you were in a very small minority on your confidence in the defense. All Pats fans have enormous confidence in BB. But I don t think that many felt that he could produce an effective defense from what he went into this season with. The losses of Ty Warren and Leigh Bodden before the team got out of the gate, combined with the lack of known depth due to having so many rookies and undrafted FA s, made it appear nearly certain to most that they had almost no chance to become what they have become even with BB leading them.

      I know that the feelings were strongly split on Moss. Many people saw it as a positive move to dump him, just as you did. Brady s tendency to focus too much on him was clearly a problem; and we all remember the effectiveness of old throw to the open receiver offense that Brady has mastered for years. & But that defense & oh that defense! And the losses of experience personnel there continued throughout the season! How he did it, I ll never understand. J

      George

      Patriots - A new decade - A new dynasty! BEAT THE DOLPHINS!

      Please use BCC, when forwarding this message, to protect  e-mail addresses of your friends and relatives .
      <