Re: [patriotzip] Contrasts

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2010
      Interesting topic, but check this out.

      In 2007, 2009, and 2010, NE P went to see the Jets in Week Two, and squandered their first half advantage by scoring not enough points.

      In 2009 and 2010, NE P therefore lost the Jets game when they got outplayed in the second half.

      In 2007, Ellis Hobbs ran the second half kick back 108 yards, and then Randy Moss beat three guys by changing gears several times while running to a spot where Brady's pass awaited him.

      The moral of the story is very counter-intuitive.  Only one of those three teams had to answer stupid questions about being undefeated!!!  All three teams won Game 3, of course, but only the 2010 NE P have a chance to be 14-2.

      (Not that I'm against 15-1.  Give me that much deserved loss to the Ravens, and let's resume 2007 from that point on, and see! )