Re: [patriotzip] Game tomorrow??

  • Lisa Johnson
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 26, 2010
      I agree... there is no possible way that anyone predicted we would be the top team to beat with the rookies that we have.  At least, I did not think we would be in this position but I am so happy for the team and for us (the fans)!  It is good to be a fan of sports in New England right now!

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 28, 2015

        What do you guys think for tomorrow?

        Nervous or do you think we’ll win?

        Will it be a close game?

        Just wondering what your thoughts are….get out your crystal balls!!

        Susan

      • frankdanabrewster
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 28, 2015
          I would not be at all surprised if we drop this one. I think Osweiler is an upgrade over the way Manning was playing. Their defense is solid, though their pass rush will be missing DeMarcus Ware.

          Our O-line has gotten healthier. Looks like Cannon and Jackson may both play tomorrow. But Brady still needs targets. Michael Williams is questionable, which may be why Asante Cleveland was called up. CB Justin Coleman is out. He's nothing special, but that would leave us with 3 corners - Butler, Ryan, and Melvin. With Emmanuel Sanders back across from Thomas, that's a little scary.

          We need severe pressure on Osweiler. Don't give him time to look deep. He supposedly has a real good arm, and given time, they will test our secondary. On the other side, guys like Martin and Harper have to step up to fill those Edelman/Amendola roles (getting quick separation). If not, Brady needs to be protected a lot better than against Buffalo. A successful run game will help.

          Predictions on this game are all over the map. I've heard people say Pats easily, Broncos easily, and close game. I hope I'm wrong, but I see this being pretty close, but it may be our first (and only) loss. Still would leave us a game ahead of Denver for the 1st seed.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2015
            I'm with you all the way, Frank. I just don't know. There are positives and negatives to consider everywhere you look.

            The fact that the Broncos will have virtually no film on most of our receivers will help. Nobody knows what our offensive game plan will be. Sadly, that may even include McDaniels and Brady! And clearly the overall talent of our receiving corps is down. So a plus and a minus there.

            Can we get Gronk more involved in receiving; or will he still be required to block on most plays? The return to health of most of the OL could help with that. And the absence of Ware for the Broncos is a plus.

            You're right on about the return of Sanders for the Broncos. Bad news for us. But the good news is that most of our pass rushers are healthy. Ninko, Jones, Sheard, Easley, Brown, and occasionally Hightower should be able to apply consistent pressure on Osweiller. Have to be alert to contain him, as well. He is mobile.

            And then there's the most unfair home field advantage in the league to consider - that damn thin air up there! Means lots of rotation, especially for the big uglies on both lines. Again, a concern.

            I just feel that there are too many variables to consider to be able to make a prediction with any degree of confidence. I truly believe that it could go in any of those directions that you mentioned. Although I do have a gut feeling that it will be a relatively low scoring nail biter. All we can do is trust in BB, and hope for the best.

            --- George
            "Logic" and "Liberal" begin with the same letter. That is the ONLY thing they have in common!