Re: [patriotzip] Game tomorrow??

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 25, 2010
      I think it will be a tough, low scoring game Susan - games with Buffalo often are and it is on their field. I am hoping for snow (Northeaster predicted) as I thoroughly enjoy watching football in the worst possible weather conditions - snow being my favorite. But I think the Patriots are on a roll and will likely win if they play well. Buffalo is on a little bit of a roll themselves winning some games lately but their season overall has been poor.

      The GB game was great to watch, especially Connolly's stellar 71 yard kickoff return. The man has made some great contributions this year.

      Harry

      At 02:37 PM 12/25/2010 -0800, you wrote:

      What does anyone think about the game this week? The paper describes it as a trap that the Pats won't fall into--taking the team too lightly. I agree with that!
      We are working on home-field advantage throughout the playoffs and I think we will crack down and play wisely.
      I was thrilled (6 days later) to find out we had beaten Green Bay, but barely. Was it a good game?

      BYW...George, you probably need to go on a diet right about how, huh?
    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 25, 2010
        I was concerned about this game, until the Jets won last week. If the Jets had lost, along with our win, we would have won home field and the bye last week. It would have been easier to let down a bit. But now this game means a lot to this team. I think they will take care of business, and put all that behind them.

        fdb

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 26, 2010

          I’ve needed to go on a diet for about the last 15 years, Susan! … OH, you mean a “words” diet? Well, yeah. I think I’ve chowed down on enough of my negative predictions. From this point forward, I am just soaking up the joy of the unexpected, exceptional performance of our team this year. I am, of course, hoping for our 4th Lombardi. But there is nothing that this team can do now that would diminish my pride in their performance. It’s been a great season that has nowhere to go but UP for me!

          George

          Patriots - A new decade - A new dynasty! BEAT THE BILLS!

          Please use BCC, when forwarding this message, to protect  e-mail addresses of your friends and relatives .

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 26, 2010
            I agree... there is no possible way that anyone predicted we would be the top team to beat with the rookies that we have.  At least, I did not think we would be in this position but I am so happy for the team and for us (the fans)!  It is good to be a fan of sports in New England right now!