LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2010

      Talk it up, Jets. Talk it up!! This was pre-game. http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/pain_will_belong_to_patriots_for_u4JZgeTjpsrpI9W7YDnEEJ

      THIS was post-game. http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_crash_burn_in_afc_east_showdown_AGb6Ypv8fIGy4czIWOaPIM

      As I would expect from him, Rex Ryan, though boastful in press conferences, etc., is a man. He showed it with his humble and blunt statements after the game. I salute his class on that.

      But the player I wanted most to hear from was LaDanian Tomlinson; who has bad-mouthed the Patriots for YEARS. In case you missed it, he was the guy who did a “touchdown in the Super Bowl” dance after making an 8 yard run during the Jets first possession! Yes, that’s right, and EIGHT YARD RUN! Where are you, LT? … HELLO? … HELLO?

      George

      Patriots - A new decade - A new dynasty! PATRIOTS 45 - JETS 3 (Just have to celebrate that for a few days!) :-)

      Please use BCC, when forwarding this message, to protect  e-mail addresses of your friends and relatives .

    • Stephen Basile
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2010
        Hard not to gloat over this one.  It lived up to the hype from my perspective.  Ryan was appropriately deferential post game, I agree.

        The Pats mad a BIG statement here in frigid Foxboro, not the least of which was Brady playing the whole game.  (I would have LOVED to see Hoyer in--THAT would have been a real smack in the face to Rex).  As an ex-New Yorker who has endured a week of baiting and trash talk from my Jest fan buddies, I have only begun to gloat.

        Some milestones (courtesy of PFW):

        Brady:
        • 228 consecutive passes without an INT,
        • 7th straight start without an INT,
        • 26 consecutive home wins,
        • 6th season with 25 touchdown passes for Brady,
        • back-to-back 4-TD games
        • at least one TD in all 12 games so far,
        • 14th on all time TD pass list at 252, (Only #4 Manning (325) and #1 Favre (462) are ahead of him among actives)
        • 107th win, now tied with Terry Bradshaw at #8 all time
        • 33d 300-yard game of his career, 3rd this season
        • improves record in December to 30-5
        Others
        • Welker: 75th straight game with a catch, 7th TD in 2010
        • Woodhead: 100 yard receiving game 1st time for a RB since Faulk in '03,
        • Rookie McCourty scored his 6th INT, behind only rookie Mike Haynes 8 in 1976
        • 14th consecutive regular season home win for the team,
        • 5th largest victory margin in team's 50 year history...

        Wow that was fun.
        Baze

        --
        Steve Basile
        Manager

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2010
          I'm just basking in the glow of that game...wow! What crow they're eating, as you said...lol! lol! lol!
          Also, Woodhead knows how to spell B U R N ---man he did it to the team that cut him big time.
          Just ONE lousy field goal for the Jesters...sweet!
          It's hard to imagine that we lost to them way back and also to  the Browns, but that's football.
          I'm so happy to see us come so far and really improve like this. Brady was just finding everyone under the sun for his TDs.
          Ryan is blunt and crass, but I guess you're right that he did take the beating and acknowledge it in words.

          Why is it that whenever anyone else runs up the score it's okay but not when we do it? The papers were saying that Brady played the whole game and we ran up the score when we knew it was over. HUH?? Get over it people...if you want to win, then YOU go out and score against us.

          Sweet game...good job Pats!!

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2010
            Loved this ... http://deadspin.com/5708537/jets-cant-even-escape-45+3-on-team-plane