Re: [patriotzip] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Vikings)

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
      Good analysis, Dave! I look forward to it each week!
      On the Good...Steelers and Jets lost.
      On the Bad...Raiders keep winning.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 17, 2014
        The Good
        - It's always good to win and we did so in convincing fashion. The second half may have been boring but we didn't need to do anything special to come home with a win.
        - Chandler Jones was a beast. The blocked punt was just pure athletics. He didn't look out of place or struggling while running down the field with McCourty next to him.
        - The entire D was very good. After the first drive where we left everyone open, we clamped down and didn't let anything get by us. The line was stout and the DBs were at or around the ball all day.
        - Nice to see Ridley get the touches and succeed. He ran hard and found the holes quickly.
        - Good to see Stork and Kline get a few reps on the O line. They need to get that experience if we want them to grow.
        - Brady's audible to Edelman's TD grab. The D showed blitz. Brady went to the shotgun and the changed the play to hit the single covered Edelman easily. He is so good about understanding what is going on and makes a huge difference to the team.
        - Was it just me or did it look like Revis ran a better route than the WR for his first pick with us? Interesting that we used him on Jennings instead of Patterson. I would have liked to have seen Darrelle vs. Cordarrelle for the battle of names.
        - Gronk still looks a little slow but he came out healthy and got a couple of more snaps under his belt. Give him 2 more games before he is back to normal.
        - Ryan hit a 57 yard punt in the first quarter that went out of bounds for no return. Great way to change field position.
        - The Portland Youth Football team (8th grade) remains undefeated after beating Scarborough. Led by captain Ben Levine who went wire to wire at OLB, ORG and 4 ST units (no FGs at this age), the real #50 helped Portland beat the 2nd best team in the league by 24-14.

        The Bad
        - We need to do something about the penalties. Offsides on the kickoff again. False starts and stupid penalties have to stop.
        - Bolden looks very tentative with the ball. He is slow to find the hole and goes down too easily when hit.
        - Our 3rd down conversion rate was pretty bad but again, we really didn't have to do too much in the 2nd half. We are still only 32% for the year and that won't work
        - Skinner looks very slow out there. He was constantly chasing the play. He is young but it shows the lack of depth in our LBs when Collins didn't play. We can move Jones and Ninkovich out there but we need to be healthy at the interior line to do so.
        - Amendola and Wright didn't do anything. I was hoping for a better season from Amendola who was one of my favorite, non-Pats players before we signed him. Wright is still learning so I'll let it go for now.
        - Hightower, Mayo, Jones and Ninkovich go wire to wire. With that big of a lead why didn't we give them a break?

        The Ugly
        - Needed McCourty to dive for the pylon instead of meekly going out of bounds for my fantasy team. Left 6 points on the board for me.
        - AP is in more trouble for hitting another one of his 7 kids (with what seems 9 different women). One of the best players in the league (talent wise) is one of the most vile people. The pictures that I saw were disgusting. How do you hit a 4 year old so much that they bleed and the scars are still visible 10 days later. Makes Rice look like a saint.
        - The NFL can't seem to handle any situation properly. They need to make a decision that is right and go with it. Not this shoot from the hip and then respond to outside pressure.

        Dave
      • Mark Morse
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2014
          Great job David ...

          Good
          I think the O-line needs to be given credit for better blocking and keeping Brady upright. Yes they used a 6th OT (Cameron Fleming) as a TE and that seemed to work well. A lot of people have been saying they aren't open, but a reviw of the coaches all 22 film reveals that there are other players open and Brady just won't throw there.

          Tom Brady
          He made an outstanding call when he audibled out of a play, into the shotgun recognizing the blitz and single coverage on Edelman. Brady threw the perfect fade pass to the end zone ... thats a pass he usually doesn't make.

          Bad
          Tom Brady - yes he managed the game well and didn't have any turnovers. However, there are other receivers on the team besides Edelman and Gronk. Again, Brady has a hard time completing a throw past 15 yards ... the film doesn't lie! Brady threw the perfect fade pass to the end zone ... thats a pass he usually doesn't make.

          Ugly
          15 penalties for 165 ... thats got to stop. The penalties are killing the offense

          Mark Morse
          Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

          Subject: [patriots] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Vikings)
          To: "patriotzip@yahoogroups.com" <patriotzip@yahoogroups.com>, "New England Patriots" <patriots@...>