An insight on Eugene Wilson's fall

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2010
      From Reiss's chat today:

      Q:
      Can you please answer a historical pats question for me --what
      happened to Eugene Wilson? I don't mean where is he now, I mean how
      did a player who was a rising star in his first couple years turn into
      a stinker almost overnight? Was he not really a good player? If you
      can't answer this now, can you look into it and let your reading
      public know? Thanks

      A:
      That's an interesting one, Seth. I don't think Wilson is a stinker, as
      he has had a longer-than-average career at this point. As for where
      things went off course in New England, it might have had something to
      do with the complete package and the willingness to go that extra
      mile. The Patriots are a demanding program and I seem to remember some
      veterans looking in Wilson's direction at times and wondering if he
      was fully committed to what it takes to thrive here.

      --
      Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...