RE: [patriotzip] FANTASTIC Discussion on NFL Network's 'Game Day' about Moss

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2010
      The only player I've seen do what Welker does as well as he does is Troy Brown. I sure wouldn't want to have to decide who is/was better at it.

      Harry

      At 04:28 PM 10/12/2010 +0700, you wrote:

      I certainly agree on Welker. He is a unique talent. Others can do the same type of thing he does, including our own Julian Edelman. But no one that I’ve seen does it nearly as well, or as consistently, as Welker.

      That in mind, you may be right. BB obviously looks ahead – usually by trading today’s top players for tomorrow’s draft picks. ;-) So he may well be thinking about future costs. Although, at this point, nobody knows what those will be, since there’s no CBA in place for the future.

      From: "Mark Morse" <packy001@...>
      Date: Mon, Oct 11, 2010 8:14 pm
      To: <patriotzip@yahoogroups.com>

      I'll make this argument.  Before Randy Moss, Brady's favorite target was the
      open receiver!  We will be okay without Moss ... and you can put that one in the
      bank.  Tate will assume the deep threat and if teams want to allow him single
      coverge Tate will burn them.  Look for Hernandez to stretch the field.  Safties
      have trouble covering him never mind ILB.

      If we are able to add Deon Branch, that will be icing on the cake.
       Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup