RE: [patriotzip] FANTASTIC Discussion on NFL Network's 'Game

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2010

      The one thing we’re still missing, Baze, is a running game that can be both a breakaway threat, and a pound it out closer. I am a big fan of Bee Gee, because I rarely see him fail to finish a run, by getting another yard or two after he’s “stopped” – something we rarely saw from Maroney! But Bee Gee definitely is not a RB that an opposing DC has to game plan for. He’s not a threat to hit a 30+ breakaway run. Nor is anybody else on the team now. I love the “healthy” Fred Taylor. But how often do we see him? Sammy, I’m afraid, is doneer based upon what I’ve seen from him this year. The exciting possibility is “Mighty Mouse”. But can he really be depended upon for steady production at his size?

      If I may look ahead, without ANY “give it up” for this year in this, I will go on record right now as saying that I want the Patriots to do whatever it takes next year, with all those draft picks they have, to get Alabama’s RB Mark Ingram. I love this kid! He’s got size, speed, and intelligence. He will, IMO, be an Adrian Peterson level star in the NFL. I think that if the Patriots add a RB of that caliber to their already scary passing attack, they will be a truly great team.

      OK, I’ve said it. Here in October of 2010, I am committing to a player in the 2011 draft. It’s time, BB. Listen to me. Go get us a Corey Dillon at the BEGINNING of his career, instead of at the end of it. We’ve got the picks to do it!

      In case you dozed off and missed it … I WANT MARK INGRAM!!

      From: "Mark Morse" <packy001@...>
      Date: Mon, Oct 11, 2010 8:14 pm
      To: <patriotzip@yahoogroups.com>

      I'll make this argument.  Before Randy Moss, Brady's favorite target was the
      open receiver!  We will be okay without Moss ... and you can put that one in the
      bank.  Tate will assume the deep threat and if teams want to allow him single
      coverge Tate will burn them.  Look for Hernandez to stretch the field.  Safties
      have trouble covering him never mind ILB.

      If we are able to add Deon Branch, that will be icing on the cake.
       Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup