RE: Branch Acquisition

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2010
      Well said, Dave. The one thing I believe that we may be overlooking is the
      thing that made our SB teams so great. That is the fact the teams could NOT
      game plan for the Patriots, because of the very accurate adage that "Brady's
      favorite receiver is the one that's open". Yes, Moss was, and still is, a
      HOF individual threat. But, as the Giants showed in our last SB appearance,
      and other good defensive teams copied since, if the Patriots (and Brady)
      become a "one threat" team, they can take that one threat away most of the
      time.

      I am looking forward to the return of the "hit the open guy" passing game.
      As I said a few hours ago, the simple fact that Brady and Branch have a
      "comfortable" feeling with each other, added to the fact that Brady has that
      same connection with Welker, and appears to be developing with Hernandez, is
      really exciting.

      If we can run a "move the sticks" offense consistently, and keep our young
      defense off the field as much as possible as they develop, we can be a
      serious threat
      by the end of the year. Today, I believe that the Jets (YUCH!) are the most
      complete team in the league. But the "back to the future" offense that
      appears to lie ahead; combined with BB's ability to continue the improvement
      of the D, definitely gives us a chance to be "in the mix" after
      Thanksgiving. If that does happen ... who knows? :-)