Analysis of a debacle
- In no particular order...
* Poor OL line play: Poor pass protection & no open RB holes (exception,
the pass to Faulk - nice blocking there)
* Poor DL pass rush - no pressure from the front N. None.
* Bad bad bad deep pass game plan. Waiting for the long routes to develop
translated into sacks & rushed poor throws
* Bonehead INTs, well at least one was
* Did A Smythe take a Kevin Faulk pill? WTF is with the dancing and
stopping behind the LOS? This guy WAS a north south runner until yesterday.
What were the coaches thinking? This one really bothers me.
* Can our safetys cover ANYONE in a zone D?
* BB's team has been outcoached when facing opposing staffs with 3 numbers
in their IQ.
I really did not think our offensive game plan had any merit yesterday.
Start out with the run. Do it tentatively with Ike "The Crab" Forte in
Smith's uniform. And then after the pseudo infraction on Compton, go to the
long, slow to develop pass. WTF?
-philw (seriously pissed 'cause I gotta wear a Phins hat all day)