Re: [patriotzip] My thoughts on latest Mankins thing

  • Stephen Basile
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2010
      I disagree.  It's all about ego, you are correct, but it's Mankins', or that of his agent.

      Kraft gets to do what he wants here, since he was the wronged party and it was Mankins shooting off his mouth and disrespecting the team, the organization and the Krafts.

      I hope Mankins has a nice time languishing in "Former Patriot Oblivion."  If he (or his agent) don't have the sense to do what is required and what is right here, he is not smart enough to remain a Patriot, nor good enough.  His pride goeth before his fall.

      Baze

      --
      Steve Basile
      Manager

      On Sep 12, 2010, at 4:20 PM, Rich Carreiro wrote:

      First, I expect the source is Mankins's agent, continuing his agenda
      to put trying to make the Pats look bad ahead of his client's welfare
      and/or trying to make himself not look as bad for mismanaging the
      whole thing.

      Second, in the event that the report is actually true as reported,
      then I do have to say shame on Kraft. I don't blame him for asking
      for a public apology (since Mankins shot off his mouth publicly) but
      he should have let it be known up front that a public apology was
      required rather than getting things about wrapped up and then giving
      an "oh, btw, please apologize publicly too". That's letting your ego
      get in the way of the team, Kraft.

      --
      Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...

    • Machado.Nicholas
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2010
        Couldn't agree more Baze. I think Mankins was way out of line and needs to own up. Mankins got personnal with Kraft and the Pats and what he said doesn't fall into the "The Pats don't pay" catagory or compare with any of the other complaints that have been expressed over the years.

        Too bad because I think Bauer put him up to it but if Logan can't see that he was wrong either way then it is probably best to end it here. Not to mention Bauer is one of those agents that the Pats can do without as well.

        Harry

        At 07:14 PM 9/12/2010 -0500, you wrote:

[...]

        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }

        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }
        {

        }

        <!-- end group email -->

      • Rich Carreiro
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2010
          > I disagree.  It's all about ego, you are correct, but it's Mankins', or
          > that of his agent.
          >
          > Kraft gets to do what he wants here, since he was the wronged party and it
          > was Mankins shooting off his mouth and disrespecting the team, the
          > organization and the Krafts.

          Have to disagree.

          If Kraft had said from the top "has to include a public apology" then
          I would agree with you.

          But if as the report claims, the demand was for a personal
          apology (which was made) and then terms were worked out and
          then Kraft said "Oh yeah. Go apologize publicly, too" I think
          that was a dick move on Kraft's part at that point.

          Having said all that, my belief factor in the report isn't
          very high since it was clearly leaked by Mankins or his
          agent and at this point I don't put it past the agent to
          be making stuff up out of whole cloth.

          --
          Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...