M.I.A.

  • George R
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
      ***** New England Patriots offensive line. Please help us find them.

      ***** OK, they've sucked. But I can't help but ask one question. Would
      this have been a different game without the most bullshit Personal Foul
      penalty I've seen since 1976?!! The LOS was the Phins 32, with no
      score, when that call was made on Compton for a jump into the pile that
      was one of the least aggressive of its kind that I've ever seen.
      Players bump helmets harder than that when warming up on the fucking
      sidelines!!

      ***** That call clearly changed the entire momentum of the game. Yes,
      maybe Miami would have recovered, and gone on to dominate our OL as
      they certainly have since. But we'll never know that. The point is that
      we *were* in scoring position. They went on to get the fumble, and
      score the TD. That was at least a 10 point turn around.

      ***** Sour grapes? Maybe. But I think my question is a legitimate one.
      At this point, I confess total pessimism with regard to the outcome of
      this game. I cannot believe that we can recover from a 0-16 deficit in
      Miami. Call that what you will. I call it realism.

      ***** On with the rest of the season, about which I remain optimistic.

      =====
      George 665 + 36 =
      ** World Champion N E Patriots **

      http://faith.yahoo.com
    • nicoledenae, supervixen
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
        The offensive line thought the game was in Foxboro and
        is waiting there, very confused.

        nicole

        --- George R <patsfangr@...> wrote:
        > ***** New England Patriots offensive line. Please
        > help us find them.

        =====
        Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes
        They've got their hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
        And what's with all the carrots, what do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
        Bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies!

        http://faith.yahoo.com
      • nicoledenae, supervixen
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
          Wait a minute -- they just showed up!

          --- "nicoledenae, supervixen" <ravayne@...>

          =====
          Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes
          They've got their hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
          And what's with all the carrots, what do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
          Bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies!

          http://faith.yahoo.com
        • Rob Bosch
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
            Thank you George! I was FUMING over that call...just fuming. When I think of
            these wimpy referees running around, and the dramatic effect they can have
            on a game...and then watch them throw a flag on a play like that...well it's
            hard to contain myself. And I would also like to see another replay on the
            call made against Bruschi that enable the Dolphins to score a TD rather than
            a FG. Yes Bruschi was up in the air, but it did not look clear to me at all
            that he had jumped on somebody else to get there. Bruschi jumps like that
            all the time on his own.

            Anyway, as far as the rest of the game goes...to me what sticks out the most
            is the Pats lack of pass rush. The only way a scrub like Fiedler looks good
            is when you give him all day to throw. And Fiedler had all day...and then
            some...to throw the ball today. I don't know if anybody remembers, but I
            pointed to this aspect of the Patriot's defense as its Achilles heel before
            the season began. They simply cannot rush the passer with their base
            defensive line. They have to get teams in 3rd and long...and then bring
            extra people...to create any type of rush. I think it might have been even
            worse today because of the Pats focus on stopping the run. I guarantee that
            the BB stressed to everybody on D to stay in their lanes. That means that
            the defensive ends cannot go out wide to rush the passer. And while I think
            the Pats did a great job against the running game, the pass rush suffered
            big time. Even when they did blitz they were picked up very well by the
            Dolphin offensive line. Vrabel got in one time, but I don't remember anybody
            else getting very close to the ugly one (Fiedler).

            And one other thing...I hope Leonard Myers gets healthy soon and can
            contribute to this team. Otis Smith is getting old right in front of our
            eyes.

            I am not in panic mode at all with this team. All teams struggle from time
            to time throughout the year. I think the Pats got a little full of
            themselves, and they needed to come back to earth. I also think the loss of
            Troy Brown has been devestating, particularly in this game. When I heard he
            was deactivated I got a lump in my stomach because I knew the Pats were in
            trouble. The Dolphins weakness on D is the nickle backs. If Fletcher would
            have been covering Deion Branch instead of Donald (this year's Charles
            Johnson) Hayes, things might have looked differently on offense. Brady needs
            to tighten his game up too. He's thrown a pick in each of the last three
            games that has made me scratch my head, and that's not like him.

            In the end, the Pats need to win next week against the Pack. If they do they
            are 4-2 going into the bye week, and really that's not too bad. I have a
            feeling they will play an outstanding game next week, but I still fear
            Favre. Here's hoping Brown gets healthy very soon!

            -Pats Freak

          • Christopher Robert Woods
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
              The unsportsmanlike conduct call against Tedy was
              a bitch call too. He was just leaping. That might
              have been payback for Tebucking getting helped out on
              the block PAT, but I don't know if he really got help
              or if Simms/Gumble were just talking out their ass.

              It doesn't matter, we should have stopped them.

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/OWUolB/TM

              > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              =====
              Christopher Robert Woods - tradebledsoe@...
              "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." - HL Mencken

              http://faith.yahoo.com
            • PatriotZip
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
                On the realism versus Pessimism front - in 1996 there was NO way we
                could rally from 21 down in the Meadowlands against the Jets... and
                certainly no way we can rally from 23 down against the Giants in the
                same Stadium... nope, no way at all! :)

                Having doubts isn't surprising but many things are possible... heck I
                bet we could even beat the Rams on Turf last year... the Steelers in
                their house ... and the Raiders in a blizzard on a 45 yard Field goal
                to tie the game.

                The latter game is my opinion why we are getting some serious
                official snubbing this year. I think some officials think we need
                some counter calls to atone for things which too many people are
                telling them wasn't deserved (sigh).

                Still we have to overcome many forms of adversity in every game and
                the officials are only a small such thing. The greatest challenge is
                to bring our own A game and see if that won't just take care of the
                rest.

              • philw1776@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
                  In a message dated 10/6/2002 2:30:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, patsfangr@... writes:

                  ***** New England Patriots offensive line. Please help us find them.

                  I KNEW we were cursed once BAMA opened his big yap at the hotel and congratulated Dante on doing a fine job with the OL.

                  -philw (both lines suck right now)