Re: [patriotzip] Moss feels 'not wanted'

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
      Normally agree with you Harry but I"m curious about which crap Moss pulled. He blocked hard to the end but stopped
      jumping and raising his arms for the jump balls...and later we had confirmation he badly separated his shoulder in the
      Denver game and couldn't raise his arms well. I think he worked through a lot last year.

      He's also playing hard this year even though he requested a extension. This is the right approach as opposed o some in
      the past such as Seymour, Branch and Samuels.

      Not quite ready to jump on him even though I don't feel badly for him here.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
        Down the stretch last year Moss was late to at least one team meeting. He also got an attitude when the going got tough and stopped talking to TB and just about everyone else and was taking plays off. I'm not the only one who noticed it or mentioned it. True there were a couple of other players who commited similar transgressions. They are gone from the team. I expect a lot more from Moss. Yes he was hurt last year but football is all about playing hurt. He is one of the most talented WR's ever to play the game and he knows football so he knows the impact of his statements. When he came to the team he just wanted to get out of Oakland and have a chance to win a SB. His tune has changed from time to time. Now he says he feels unwanted a few days before the season opener. He said the team 'doesn't pay' last year. I think he is trying to negotiate a contract in the press. The Patriots have made it clear over and over that they do not respond to this sort of thing yet Randy Moss is still whining.

        One of the Reiss articles yesterday was by Rodney Harrison saying how proud he was of Wilfork because Vince kept his mouth shut, didn't hold out, didn't whine in the press and got his reward. The news this morning is TB's new contract is nearly complete. I don't get why Randy Moss, who is one of the most intelligent players on the team, hasn't figured out the drill or is bucking it. He worked hard in the off-season to bolster his skills and it looks like he succeeded but that is what older players need to do to survive so I don't think he is due any special recognition. Moss is a veteran and knows how to lead and can boost the team because of who he is but he chooses not to at times.

        Moss is the highest paid player on the team, he will be a starter in the first game and will have a lot to do with how the team does this year. I don't understand how that equates to the team not wanting him.

        Harry

      • llj7366@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
          Don't forget that Moss had issues before he came to us.  He may be intelligent but I think that he suffers from immaturity and has actually kept himself out of trouble here but does a leopard really change his spots??  I hope he can get it together quickly because this will have a negative effect on our team if he doesn't.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010

            Frankly, I think it’s a very small percentage of professional athletes, as well as other entertainment celebrities, who don’t suffer from significant degrees of immaturity. How can they not fall into it? They become very popular, very pampered, and very rich, at an age when they have not yet experienced enough life challenges and responsibility to understand the meaning of those things. Some deal it better than others. I think that Randy Moss has, for the most part, dealt with it well since moving to New England.

            I also truly believe that it’s a major challenge for him to accept being a part of a losing team. I think that bothers him much more so than many of the “ME, ME, ME” types out there. Yes, he failed to react as well as he should have to the negative situation for the team, just as he did in Minnesota. But I do believe that the cause of his pain was right.

            He loves being part of a winning TEAM, and I think he’s shown that clearly. When the Patriots were winning, he was never beating his chest as “the one who made us a winner”. He won with class. He just hasn’t learned how to lose with class. Not the worst crime in the world.

            It will take a lot more than what I’ve seen from him for me to turn against him. His behavior with Brady says a lot to me. Tom struggled with him during that down period last year. But we see them now right back to the “inseparables” on the sidelines. I think that’s because Brady knows that what I’ve just outlined is correct. Moss IS a “team” guy. He just can’t deal very well with losing.

          • llj7366@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
              This won't happen very often, George.  But I totally agree with you!  ;-)

              Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:18 PM
              To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com

              Don't forget that Moss had issues before he came to us.  He may be intelligent but I think that he suffers from immaturity and has actually kept himself out of trouble here but does a leopard really change his spots??  I hope he can get it together quickly because this will have a negative effect on our team if he doesn't.

              > Randy is crying again. He worked hard and didn't get enough recognition or a new contract, poor thing. He'll have to
              > settle for a paltry 6.4 million all year and probably have to bust ass the whole season without disrupting the team
              > to get another contract. It just ain't fair!
              >
              > Seriously I wouldn't sign Moss to anything but one year contracts after the crap he pulled down the stretch last
              > year.
              >
              > Already he's distracting the team from a season they really need to focus on.
              >
              > Harry

            • Machado.Nicholas
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
                The fact that Moss had issues before he came to the Pats is why I'm concerned. No argument about his maturity. Whether or not this leopard can change his spots remains to be seen but I don't like what I'm hearing out of him.

                I hope Randy Moss proves me wrong and gives all of you who are on the fence or in his corner a chance to tell me later I didn't need to worry and that he has put his selfish tendencies behind him.

                Time will tell.

                Harry

                At 12:18 PM 9/7/2010 -0400, you wrote:

                Don't forget that Moss had issues before he came to us.  He may be intelligent but I think that he suffers from immaturity and has actually kept himself out of trouble here but does a leopard really change his spots??  I hope he can get it together quickly because this will have a negative effect on our team if he doesn't.

                > Randy is crying again. He worked hard and didn't get enough recognition or a new contract, poor thing. He'll have to
                > settle for a paltry 6.4 million all year and probably have to bust ass the whole season without disrupting the team
                > to get another contract. It just ain't fair!
                >
                > Seriously I wouldn't sign Moss to anything but one year contracts after the crap he pulled down the stretch last
                > year.
                >
                > Already he's distracting the team from a season they really need to focus on.
                >
                > Harry

              • Kevin Morgan
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
                  Moss is intelligent, talented, and deserves the benefit of the doubt.  Regardless of his status as an all-world receiver, he is not responsible for team public relations any more than any other player.  It isn't a popularity contest.  I don't care what he does off the field, as long as it's legal, and he scores on Sunday.

                  Anything can happen, to Anyone, at Anytime.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010

                    Great, Lisa. Now, if only we could carry that over to other, more important, aspects of life. J

                    This won't happen very often, George.  But I totally agree with you!  Image removed by sender. ;-)

                    Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:18 PM
                    To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com