RE: [patriotzip] bless you Tom Brady

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17 10:59 AM
      Brady is smart too. He sees the whole picture which is becoming a rare trait and not just in football.

      If Tom Brady was demanding as much salary as the Pats would pay he likely wouldn't have Randy Moss to throw to, his OL wouldn't be as good, the defense, in face the whole rest of the team wouldn't be as good and he wouldn't have won as many games, or titles and championships as he has so far etc. etc.

      Harry

      At 11:20 PM 8/16/2010 +0700, you wrote:

      Brady is a minority in today's world, Harry; as was Tedy Bruschi. IMO, they
      are men who believe that doing a job you love, and making a great deal of
      money doing it, is enough to make them happy. The competition that they most
      enjoy is the competition on the football field. They feel no need to compete
      in the financial field, as long as the money they are paid is reasonably
      within the established pay scale for men doing the same job, at relatively
      the same level.

      Like you, I consider myself lucky to be a fan of a team with some players
      who hold and live by that philosophy. But, as I said, they are a minority.
      Most people use money as the primary measure of success. That's just the way
      it is, and it is not going to change.