Pats look good against Saints

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2010
      Not bad for the first exhibition game. Pretty entertaining. I think the
      two-team practices are a good idea. Made for a good contest.

      Edelman (1) and McCourty (2) had some great runbacks around 50 yds. OL was
      fine without Mankins. Mesko kicked some long, high punts. Tate had a nice
      catch, Edelman showed more of his terrific after-the-catch running skills,
      making six grabs on the night. Moss caught a few early and looked healthy
      and involved. Green-Ellis took most of the hand-offs in the first half and
      scored. Maroney ran one in. Gronkowski mostly blocked. He will help the OL
      a lot I think. The LB corp is much improved. Marcus Murrell is the lastest
      DE to LB conversion project and it looks like it's going to work out.
      Spikes looked good and had 8 tackles. Could be a nice tandem with Mayo in
      the middle. Wilhite and Wheatley made some plays. Butler struggled a little
      bit. Gostkowski hit everything he tried. Hoyer has made a lot of progress
      and led several long drives for scores after Brady called it night midway
      through the second quarter. McKenzie got in the game in the second half and
      made some plays.

      Still very early but there were a lot of positives in this game.

      Harry