Green Means Go

  • George R
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
      ***** Looks like one of my rookie favorites is going to get his first
      real shot to show what he's got. Could be the start of a permanent
      change at RDE, if he's as good as I think he is. Mr Fiedler, let me
      introduce you to Mr. Green!

      *From Patriots.com

      Rookie Green could be thrown into the heat in Miami
      3 Oct 02 / by Andy Hart

      When the Patriots take to Pro Player Stadium Sunday to face the
      Dolphins they may be slightly undermanned on the defensive line. With
      defensive ends Rick Lyle (back) and Anthony Pleasant (shoulder) both
      listed as Questionable on the injury report there is a chance New
      England could be without one or both of the players.

      If that is indeed the case, rookie defensive end Jarvis Green may be
      called upon to play a significant role in Miami. While Green performed
      well totaling 7 tackles and three sacks in the preseason, he has seen
      relatively limited action in three of the four early season games. Last
      week he came in to replace the injured Pleasant in San Diego, but this
      could be the first time he goes into a game with a mindset to see major
      playing time.

      "The way things are going and getting an opportunity, I just want to do
      what they want me to do," Green said on Thursday. "I just want to go
      out there and play hard and take advantage of this and go out and play
      for the team."

      In his three games of action this season the fourth round pick out of
      LSU has tallied seven tackles, one sack for a 13-yard loss and forced
      one fumble. And according to fellow defensive lineman Steve Martin,
      Green's development appears to be heading in the right direction.

      "He's ready to play," Martin said. "He stepped out there last week and
      stepped in and made some plays and did what he was supposed to do. He's
      definitely ready and in that spot where he is ready to go in and play
      and be productive."

      Martin went on to point out that while it is always a difficult
      position when a rookie is asked to come in a contribute significantly,
      Green will not be the only one looking to prove some things on the
      field in Miami. After giving up big days on the ground to Priest Holmes
      and LaDainian Tomlinson in consecutive weeks, everybody on the defense
      will need to step up against Ricky Williams and the Dolphins.

      "It's tough for everybody," Martin said. "We can't go anywhere but up
      right now as far as stopping the run."

      =====
      George 665 + 36 =
      ** World Champion N E Patriots **

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Kevin Moitoso
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
        I don't think Mr. Fiedler is going to like Mr. Green
        too much after Sunday's game.

        Kevin Moitoso

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Rob Bosch
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
          What makes this even more interesting it two things. One is that the
          Dolphins starting left tackle...Mark Dixon...is listed as questionable with
          an ankle injury. That means Green will get to go up against a hobbling
          Dixon, or maybe a second stringer. The second thing is that a lot of the
          yardage being given up by the Pats has been towards the right side of the
          defense. This was especially true during the game against the Chiefs. So
          Green might have a chance to make a very significant impact this game. This
          is a position where the Pats need some youth, so I am looking forward to
          watching Green perform.

          -Pats Freak (is it Sunday yet?)

        • philw1776@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
            In a message dated 10/4/2002 12:31:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, patsfangr@... writes:

            ***** Looks like one of my rookie favorites is going to get his first
            real shot to show what he's got. Could be the start of a permanent
            change at RDE, if he's as good as I think he is. Mr Fiedler, let me
            introduce you to Mr. Green!

            I'm concerned about this guy's run stopping abilities.
            -philw
          • George R
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
              --- PhilW1776@... wrote:
              > In a message dated 10/4/2002 12:31:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              > patsfangr@... writes:
              >

              > > ***** Looks like one of my rookie favorites is going to get his
              > first
              > > real shot to show what he's got. Could be the start of a permanent
              > > change at RDE, if he's as good as I think he is. Mr Fiedler, let me
              > > introduce you to Mr. Green!
              > >

              > I'm concerned about this guy's run stopping abilities.
              > -philw

              ***** And that's certainly a reasonable concern, Phil. It hasn't
              appeared to be his strong suit from what we've seen thus far. Let's see
              how it works out Sunday, and then we'll know how much work he has to do
              to ensure a future as an every down DE.

              =====
              George 665 + 36 =
              ** World Champion N E Patriots **

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • Christopher Robert Woods
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
                If he could at least fall down in front of the RB
                and make the RB have to run around him, that would
                be an improvement over the last two weeks.

                --- George R <patsfangr@...> wrote:
                > --- PhilW1776@... wrote:
                > > In a message dated 10/4/2002 12:31:33 PM Eastern
                > Daylight Time,
                > > patsfangr@... writes:
                > >

                > > > ***** Looks like one of my rookie favorites is
                > going to get his
                > > first
                > > > real shot to show what he's got. Could be the
                > start of a permanent
                > > > change at RDE, if he's as good as I think he is.
                > Mr Fiedler, let me
                > > > introduce you to Mr. Green!
                > > >

                > > I'm concerned about this guy's run stopping
                > abilities.
                > > -philw
                >
                > ***** And that's certainly a reasonable concern,
                > Phil. It hasn't
                > appeared to be his strong suit from what we've seen
                > thus far. Let's see
                > how it works out Sunday, and then we'll know how
                > much work he has to do
                > to ensure a future as an every down DE.
                >
                > =====
                > George 665 + 36 =
                > ** World Champion N E Patriots **
                > http://sbc.yahoo.com

                =====
                Christopher Robert Woods - tradebledsoe@...
                "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." - HL Mencken

                http://sbc.yahoo.com