MrsB 8/1AM

  • Karen Cardoza
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010

      Another gorgeous morning at camp.  As you know, Welker was removed from PUP and participated in practice this AM, much to the delight of the crowd. I’ve got lots to do in my garden between sessions so here’s the Cliff Notes version of tidbits.

      *From the creatures of habit file: Zoltan continues to be the first on the scene in the morning. Chung leads the sprints, and during WR drills, Randy goes first, followed by Welker, the rest of the pack and Holt goes last.

      *Edelman recovered from yesterday’s dropsies and had some great hands today.

      *When Welker or Moss touch the ball, the crowd erupts.

      * Edelman, Faulk and Tate were fielding punts. According to Big Al, hang time was usually 4-5-4.6 seconds.

      * Brady and Welker spent some time working together in the other field and Welker was cutting and moving fast. He missed one and being the perfectionist that he is, was pissed at himself, let out a yell and booted the ball in disgust. Brady complimented him for a job well done (minus one miss) when they were through.

      *Rob Gronkowski (87) took two laps this morning, one with Matt Light.

      *Hernandez is looking sharp and saw a lot of action today.

      * During full squad work, some highlights were a Fred Taylor TD in lots of traffic, a Randy Moss Leaning Tower of Pisa catch on the sidelines where he reached well out of bounds to make the grab but kept his feet in, and a nice defensive play by Mayo preventing a Brady to Crumpler TD.

      * I tweeted  earlier (http://twitter.com/mrsb) about Randy’s playing up to the crowd when he tossed a ball to a youngster in the stands so that he could pass it to him (after a security guard came up short on his toss).  The crowd went wild and the kid now has his claim to fame story to tell his grandchildren someday :-)

      * DBs signed today but Randy made the rounds again, even staying past the horn.  Our friends’ little guy was able to get his Moss jersey autographed which was awesome. The toddler had been looking out for Randy Moss since he arrived on the hill in the morning. :-)

      **BB ran sprints after practice, getting his workout in on the field once again.

      Heading out for PM practice but have lots to do around here so no promises for a report

      http://patriotscampreports.com

      --
      Karen Cardoza

      http://karenjcardoza.com
      (for links to PatriotWorld.com, Mrs. B's Patriot World Podcast, Patriots Training Camp Reports, Razor's Edge Tailgate, Muse with Me Podcast, & The 25th Hour, )
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
        Loving the reports, as always, Karen! Thanks!

        OK, I've got to say it. How long will it take to get the Randy Moss "cancer"
        out of our locker room? :-) It is disturbing that the media can continue to
        mislead the public about some players as they do. Moss, as we all know, has
        been nothing but a team guy, and a generous (with his time) and gregarious
        guy with the fans since his arrival here.

        I'm hoping to read a bit more about the new TE's, Gronkowski and Henderson,
        as camp moves along. I'd like to know how they're being used, as well as how
        well they're performing in those roles. I'm very excited about the
        possibilities for our passing game this season. Moss, Welker, Edelman, Tate,
        Price, and, I believe, Holt is a fantastic group of WRs. Add those 2 new
        TEs, if they're all they're expected to be, and that's a group that's hard
        to beat. Now add a totally healthy and confident Tom Brady. WOW!

[...]

        grandchildren someday [image: :-)]

        * DBs signed today but Randy made the rounds again, even staying past the
        horn. Our friends' little guy was able to get his Moss jersey autographed
        which was awesome. The toddler had been looking out for Randy Moss since he
        arrived on the hill in the morning. [image: :-)]