Headed back for the afternoon session and as expected it was packed. Boys were back on the field in full pads and Darnell Jenkins (10) participated. The rest of the Puppies were doing their work on the sidelines and Slater, Kaczur and Warren were MIA.
Tidbits for Tonight:
*Brady’s entrance got a huge ovation but Welker enjoyed the largest by far when he was spotted by the crowd.
*During stretches, BB’s sons were playing catch and he went over to talk to them in a father/son moment.
* Once again, Chung lead the group running way ahead of the pack during morning sprints.
*During drills the boys in blue were practicing fumble recoveries. They began by tackling the dummy then pounced on the balls that were thrown down by the coaches.
*Early on, Terrence Johnson (43) came up lame during coverage and left the field with trainers.
* When running patterns with 1:1 coverage it’s clear just how awesome Brady —> Moss is. Randy routinely waits until the last minute to put his hands up and comes up with the ball. On one play, it looked like Bodden would be successful in his defense until 81 cut, put his hands up and made the catch. He makes it look too easy…
* Brandon Tate made lots of great leaping catches today… Definitely one to keep your eye on!
* Edelman seemed to struggle a bit today as he had some drops during drills.
*Meriweather made a nice play as Price went deep on a perfect Brady pass, had 31 beat then he caught up and broke it up in the EZ at the last minute, getting a huge roar from the crowd.
*It was hard to see from my EZ during 11:11 because this year they seem to be running two groups at the same time more than ever. Lots of bodies out there, moving fast! But, McGowan (30) picked off Robinson (7) during one series and Chung had an INT as well but I couldn’t see the QB (7 again?) during that play. On another, play Leigh Bodden tipped the ball and Williams came up with it.
* DL Adrian Grady (65) took the first lap of the day then a rare sight, Brady and Koppen took one for a bad snap.
* There was lots of Red Zone work in the other EZ and offense came up big today (unlike the last few practices where D was dominant.) Moss, Gronkowski (87) and a third TD that I couldn’t see caused lots of vocal hooting and hollering from the White Squad.
* After practice, BB “pulled a Scar” and ran sprints in the far field, something that Dante is known for (and probably one reason why he’s still in such incredible shape!)
* Receivers signed tonight.
Another day of doubles tomorrow.. See you in the AM!
(for links to PatriotWorld.com, Mrs. B's Patriot World Podcast, Patriots Training Camp Reports, Razor's Edge Tailgate, Muse with Me Podcast, & The 25th Hour, )