MrsB 7/29 PM

  • Karen Cardoza
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2010

      Hi kids.. Just in from the afternoon session, grabbing a bite at Red Robin, and doing some shopping with the boy at Patriot Place  so this needs to be a shorty. I’ve got dogs to cuddle and a house to clean.

      * The afternoon was gorgeous with sunny skies and a nice breeze. Crowds were lighter than the morning. Once again, guys were in full pads (although since last year, it seems to be the norm for most every practice.)

      * It was pretty slow going at the beginning and was very quiet starting off with some field goals early on. Looked like the same group of missing/puppies as the morning (Mankins, Burgess/Welker, Brace, Jenkins, Aiken)

      * The crowd woke up during route running, most especially when Tate made a terrific diving catch from Brady. There was no coverage since it was drills but it was  still a beauty and worthy of the praise.

      * The highlight of practice was during the pass coverage drill when Faulk lined up with Mayo. Mayo stopped him cold and Fault wasn’t happy and wanted a Do-Over.  He got his wish saying “Let me show you something!”  Sure enough he juked his way around Mayo and got the ball untouched and wide open.

      * Mr. Kraft spent some time talking to BB on the sidelines then entertained a group of suits while Mrs. Kraft set up and watched from the grass in front of the VIP bleachers.

      * Vollmer took a solo lap while the same combo from the morning, Robinson (QB) and Wendell  (C) took another one together this afternoon.

      *During some team work, Moss and Tate worked together as receivers on the outside.

      *Guyton must have gotten a pick while they were working down in the opposite Red Zone as I couldn’t see anything except the backs of players except 59 emerging through the crowd.

      *Fans stood up way too early for autographs and it’s catchy.. once one does, it’s like a wave that you can not only see but hear when they all rise and go to the ropes.

      *Most guys did short sprints at the end of practice with the newbies getting in some extra team  work with Robinson at QB.

      *When they huddled up, a chorus of Happy Birthday could be heard but I didn’t know whose it was until one of the buys gave Pepper a gatorade shower (of water) when it was through.

      * OLine is back to lining up their helmets during their group cool down again… back to normal. LOL

      *Running Backs signed this afternoon.

      Random fashion notes: Pepper looks like he trimmed down some and Brady is sporting some long shaggy hair.

      FYI:  No twitpics this afternoon as my phone battery was dying.  I’ll likely get a podcast up tonight. There was a car show going on in the Bass Pro lot right along Rt. 1 but I’m not sure how long it will last.

      --
      Karen Cardoza

      http://karenjcardoza.com
      (for links to PatriotWorld.com, Mrs. B's Patriot World Podcast, Patriots Training Camp Reports, Razor's Edge Tailgate, Muse with Me Podcast, & The 25th Hour, )