Re: [patriotzip] Jack Tatum

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2010
      I know George's passion on Tatum and understand it. Tatum hit Darryl Stingley while he was defenseless on a play in a
      preseason game. The hit was rough on many levels but not entirely untypical of the era of intimidation football when
      safeties and defensive backs ruled the middle of the field punishing any wide receivers who chose to go over the
      middle. It was an ugly hit and while it left Stingley paralyzed for life, I do not fully fault Tatum for the hit.

      His reaction to that hit for the rest of his life was classless and inhuman. He never expressed remorse for the plight
      of Stingley and in fact even set up a hoax apology as part of his own book promotion. I do fault him for those

      I do not celebrate his life or his death.

      I will however always respect Darryl Stingley for the strength, courage and attitude with which he lived all his life
      before and after the hit. He was an inspiration.

      Go Pats!
      Randy/Zip