Re: Do You Believe?

  • PatriotZip
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
      In the immortal words of a certain coach with a fish moniker:

      "Give me a break with that dumb a$$ question!" I believe each and
      every game. Certainly we are capable although not by playing in a
      similar fashion to last week. The team needs a mental and physical
      change of momentum and I trust the coaching staff and players to find
      it within themselves.

      Add to this the detail of Ricky's running style. He doesn't run like
      either Priest or Tomlinson. He runs in the style we are more adept
      at neutralizing. Honestly I fear their Tight Ends far more than
      their running backs. Either way I know in my heart our team will be
      victorious and I can find more than sufficient reasons in my head to
      justify how it will be so.

      Go Pats!

      Zip'

      --- In patriotzip@y..., George R <patsfangr@y...> wrote:
      > ***** So we've been run over like a VW under an 18-wheeler by great
      RBs
      > for the last two weeks. We lucked out on the flip of the coin, and
      beat
      > the Chiefs, but fell to the better defense of the Chargers. Now
      comes
      > our best Division rival, in their house, and their great RB.
      >
      > ***** Time to stand up and be counted. I believe we *will* pull it
      > together on defense this week, and shred the Phins porous pass D
      for a
      > victory. Meanwhile, we'll "hold" Ricky to 80 yards, and bury the
      > Fiddler under a pile of angry, blue shirted humanity!
      >
      > ***** What say ye?
      >
      > =====
      > George 665 + 36 =
      > ** World Champion N E Patriots **

      > http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Rob Bosch
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
        I agree that Ricky's running style gives us a better chance. I must admit,
        however, that Ricky does not look like the same plodder he was when he was
        with the Saints. The guy is definitely more explosive. But in the end he is
        not as shifty as Holmes or Tomlinson, and the Pats do better against the
        more "straight ahead" type runners.

        I do think the Pats will start fixing the problem they have had against the
        run starting with this game. I do not think they will shut Ricky down...but
        I do think they will hold him to between 80 to 100 yards. Randy McMichael
        and Chris Chambers must also be accounted for...big time. Unfortunately
        McMichael is playing the way I hoped Graham would...and he didn't cost the
        Dolphins a first round pick. I just worry that the Pats will be so consumed
        with stopping the run...especially the secondary...and that this will cause
        big passing plays down the field. Robert Conrad has also become a bigger
        part of the Dolphin's game plan under Norv Turner, and he must be accounted
        for out in the flat.

        I think the Pats will once again move the ball. Now having Troy Brown back
        would be big. I figure that Surtain is going to play in this game, and that
        gives the Dolphins two excellent corners (he and Madison). The Dolphins have
        big time problems after that, and this is where Deion Branch will come in
        handy. I figure that either he or Patten might have a big game, because the
        Dolphins will focus on Brown if he plays. Donald Hayes might even figure
        into this equation. Bottom line is that even though some of us have been a
        little critical of the Pats pass happy ways, I don't see it changing this
        game. Did you see what the Dolphins did to Priest Holmes? Besides one big
        run he did nothing against them, and I can't see Antowain ripping off big
        runs either. It's going to be "air Brady" again ladies and gentlemen. In
        this case I think it's the right thing to do.

        In the end, I definitely think the Pats can win this game. I think my
        biggest fear is that the Dolphins know that the Pats are going to sell out
        to stop the run, and that this might be used against them. If the Pats lose
        I have a feeling that we will be moaning about McMichael or Chambers, and
        not Ricky Williams. But I do see the Pats moving the ball and scoring, and
        this is something that historically the Pats have not been able to do
        against the Dolphins. It is the fact that the Pats offense has become so
        potent that gives me a lot of hope. I can't wait for Sunday to see how it
        all plays out.

        -Pats Freak