Do You Believe?

  • George R
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
      ***** So we've been run over like a VW under an 18-wheeler by great RBs
      for the last two weeks. We lucked out on the flip of the coin, and beat
      the Chiefs, but fell to the better defense of the Chargers. Now comes
      our best Division rival, in their house, and their great RB.

      ***** Time to stand up and be counted. I believe we *will* pull it
      together on defense this week, and shred the Phins porous pass D for a
      victory. Meanwhile, we'll "hold" Ricky to 80 yards, and bury the
      Fiddler under a pile of angry, blue shirted humanity!

      ***** What say ye?

      =====
      George 665 + 36 =
      ** World Champion N E Patriots **

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • PatriotZip
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
        In the immortal words of a certain coach with a fish moniker:

        "Give me a break with that dumb a$$ question!" I believe each and
        every game. Certainly we are capable although not by playing in a
        similar fashion to last week. The team needs a mental and physical
        change of momentum and I trust the coaching staff and players to find
        it within themselves.

        Add to this the detail of Ricky's running style. He doesn't run like
        either Priest or Tomlinson. He runs in the style we are more adept
        at neutralizing. Honestly I fear their Tight Ends far more than
        their running backs. Either way I know in my heart our team will be
        victorious and I can find more than sufficient reasons in my head to
        justify how it will be so.

        Go Pats!

        Zip'

        --- In patriotzip@y..., George R <patsfangr@y...> wrote:
        > ***** So we've been run over like a VW under an 18-wheeler by great
        RBs
        > for the last two weeks. We lucked out on the flip of the coin, and
        beat
        > the Chiefs, but fell to the better defense of the Chargers. Now
        comes
        > our best Division rival, in their house, and their great RB.
        >
        > ***** Time to stand up and be counted. I believe we *will* pull it
        > together on defense this week, and shred the Phins porous pass D
        for a
        > victory. Meanwhile, we'll "hold" Ricky to 80 yards, and bury the
        > Fiddler under a pile of angry, blue shirted humanity!
        >
        > ***** What say ye?
        >
        > =====
        > George 665 + 36 =
        > ** World Champion N E Patriots **

        > http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Rob Bosch
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
          I agree that Ricky's running style gives us a better chance. I must admit,
          however, that Ricky does not look like the same plodder he was when he was
          with the Saints. The guy is definitely more explosive. But in the end he is
          not as shifty as Holmes or Tomlinson, and the Pats do better against the
          more "straight ahead" type runners.

          I do think the Pats will start fixing the problem they have had against the
          run starting with this game. I do not think they will shut Ricky down...but
          I do think they will hold him to between 80 to 100 yards. Randy McMichael
          and Chris Chambers must also be accounted for...big time. Unfortunately
          McMichael is playing the way I hoped Graham would...and he didn't cost the
          Dolphins a first round pick. I just worry that the Pats will be so consumed
          with stopping the run...especially the secondary...and that this will cause
          big passing plays down the field. Robert Conrad has also become a bigger
          part of the Dolphin's game plan under Norv Turner, and he must be accounted
          for out in the flat.

          I think the Pats will once again move the ball. Now having Troy Brown back
          would be big. I figure that Surtain is going to play in this game, and that
          gives the Dolphins two excellent corners (he and Madison). The Dolphins have
          big time problems after that, and this is where Deion Branch will come in
          handy. I figure that either he or Patten might have a big game, because the
          Dolphins will focus on Brown if he plays. Donald Hayes might even figure
          into this equation. Bottom line is that even though some of us have been a
          little critical of the Pats pass happy ways, I don't see it changing this
          game. Did you see what the Dolphins did to Priest Holmes? Besides one big
          run he did nothing against them, and I can't see Antowain ripping off big
          runs either. It's going to be "air Brady" again ladies and gentlemen. In
          this case I think it's the right thing to do.

          In the end, I definitely think the Pats can win this game. I think my
          biggest fear is that the Dolphins know that the Pats are going to sell out
          to stop the run, and that this might be used against them. If the Pats lose
          I have a feeling that we will be moaning about McMichael or Chambers, and
          not Ricky Williams. But I do see the Pats moving the ball and scoring, and
          this is something that historically the Pats have not been able to do
          against the Dolphins. It is the fact that the Pats offense has become so
          potent that gives me a lot of hope. I can't wait for Sunday to see how it
          all plays out.

          -Pats Freak