Checking in from San Diego

  • PatriotZip
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      Well I've done a few updates and wanted to chime in briefly before I
      get back to the routine of not being quite ready to be around the
      internet. So - first things first...

      Mom's Surgery is this week - Good luck to her!

      Phil's post was excellent - I'd swear he stole it from others if I
      hadn't heard him talking such erudite football at the lobby.

      Better than Tara Reid eh Ram? Guess your new wife has you spoiled!

      Now I've posted most of my game thoughts on the page so I won't
      repeat much here but I will say this much. The only thing which
      matters is the road ahead of this team, not the road behind it. We
      have to make some significant adjustments - mostly the defensive
      responsibilities from a fundamental stance. This team was playing
      tough and owning the line of scrimmage in their first few weeks and
      they better find a way to return to this approach along with swarming
      tackles.

      I think our offense was hurt by Tom having two very bad moments and
      most importantly by the game plan going fubar when we were reduced to
      a single tight end. The Coaching staff made a mistake in their
      selection of whom to suit but it's a hard prediction and the injury
      to Graham was certainly unexpected.

      Last point - anyone know why we can't suit our entire team for
      games? Yeah I know it's the NFL policy but what does this policy
      accomplish? It alienates certain players and causes all teams to NOT
      have their best product on the field for the fans. Stupid rule -
      time for it to change.

      Zip
    • philw1776@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2002
        In a message dated 10/2/2002 1:07:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, patriotzip@... writes:

        Now I've posted most of my game thoughts on the page so I won't
        repeat much here but I will say this much.  The only thing which
        matters is the road ahead of this team, not the road behind it.  We
        have to make some significant adjustments - mostly the defensive
        responsibilities from a fundamental stance.  This team was playing
        tough and owning the line of scrimmage in their first few weeks and
        they better find a way to return to this approach along with swarming
        tackles.

        ***  Precisely.  I would love to see us win 3 and lose one for the remaining 12 games.
        The true test of a team and coaching staff is how they handle adversity.

        I think our offense was hurt by Tom having two very bad moments and
        most importantly by the game plan going fubar when we were reduced to
        a single tight end.  The Coaching staff made a mistake in their
        selection of whom to suit but it's a hard prediction and the injury
        to Graham was certainly unexpected.

        *** The bad throws plus Charlie geting a little carried away with himself, especially towards the end with those long rollout rights as you'd commented in the lobby.  I cannot fault the coaches for not predicting gameday injuries.

        Last point - anyone know why we can't suit our entire team for
        games?  Yeah I know it's the NFL policy but what does this policy
        accomplish?  It alienates certain players and causes all teams to NOT
        have their best product on the field for the fans.  Stupid rule -
        time for it to change.

        Zip

        That rule does not benefit the consumer.  Why field an arbitrary inferior product?

        -philw