Re: With the team in San Diego

  • Ram15
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      Yeah, we saw this couple making out in a Porsche next to us in the
      hotel parking lot....didn't think much of it until I saw Tom Brady
      get out of the car. Found out later it was Tara Reid in the car.
      Doesn't he know women weaken legs before a big game??? And couldn't
      he do better than Tara Reid???

      I found the fans to be pretty cool for the most part. Only a couple
      of jerks. Talked to several of them after the game and we all agreed
      on one thing. No matter what happens the rest of the season - beat
      the Raiders. I dislike the Steelers. Dislike the Jets. Dislike the
      Dolphins. I hate the Raiders. All that classless orginization does
      is whine and complain...and sue the NFL.

      Felt bad for the Cleelands since Cam didn't even play.

      People complain about atheletes not being accomodating enough with
      the fans and not signing autographs. Well, I saw this guy at the
      hotel with a couple bags of items (cards, pictures, etc.) paying kids
      to go get autographs from the players. No wonder they don't want to
      sign. It's people like that who ruin it for normal fans.

      George, thanks for organizing everything.

      And Phil, I don't think it was the San Diego fans that were calling
      you a chowder head ;)

      Ram

      --- In patriotzip@y..., philw1776@a... wrote:
      > Members of the Patriots Mailing List had their 4th annual road trip
      to San
      > Diego instead of Miami this year. Apparently our "Jammi" is a
      curse on the
      > team as they always lose on our trip.
      >
      > Stayed at the Pats hotel, the Marroitt in La Jolla. Despite the
      fact that
      > they gave away my room reservation the 1st night, I had a great
      time. Talk
      > football in the lobby bar with net Pats fans while players, their
      families,
      > coaches, announcers (Gil & Gino) and whatever walk by. Met Snow
      Angel
      > Paxton's family. Got a good look at a real SB ring. Mega. I
      befriended Cam
      > Cleelands parents, Gene & Camelia. Invited them to ride to the
      stadium in
      > one of our 2 busses and had dinner with them post game. Really
      nice people.
      > Others spent lots of time with Willie McGuinest's parents. Others
      saw Tom
      > Brady take off with Tara Reid and another bimbette in a Porsche
      Boxter. It's
      > wicked pissah sharing the elevator with various players & coaches.
      I'm no
      > autograph hound so it's casual fun. Watched the team board their
      busses to
      > the game. They fly directly home post game.
      >
      > Our game tailgate had its logistical snafus, like the food being
      setup 100
      > yards from our tailgate area but it was fun. Enjoyed the topless
      Pats babe
      > with the painted on "bra". (No, it was not Chris' wife)
      >
      > Decent side angle endzone seats with Pats fans well represented.
      Now that
      > the Bolts are winning, the stadium sells out. So Cal folks are
      nothing if not
      > trendy. After the game I was greeted with lots of "Hey
      Chowderhead" calls.

    • philw1776@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
        In a message dated 10/1/2002 10:06:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ram_1515@... writes:

        Yeah, we saw this couple making out in a Porsche next to us in the
        hotel parking lot....didn't think much of it until I saw Tom Brady
        get out of the car.  Found out later it was Tara Reid in the car.
        Doesn't he know women weaken legs before a big game???  And couldn't
        he do better than Tara Reid???

        I volunteer my body to substitute for Brady's so that he will get back his game strength.  How cool is that, seeing that I prefer the raven haired types?

        -philw (the altruist)