Pats 2010 Hall of Fame finalists announced

  • Steve Basile
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2010

      Nice to see Sam Cunningham on there.

      ImgDyn.cfm.gif

      Baze
      --
      Steve Basile
      Manager
      B.D. Riley's Irish Pub
      Austin, TX
      Official Home: Austin Patriots Club
      Web: www.bdrileys.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14, 2010

        WOW, that was a very tough decision for me! I saw all 3 of them play many times. ALL, IMO, are worthy of being in the Patriots’ HOF; and I hope they all will be within the next few years. Each one was a standout in the league at his position for most of their respective careers.

        But, with only one pick this year, I did have to go with Sam Cunningham. Maybe a little personal bias there. I frequently stayed at the Patriots travel hotels in California back in the 70’s, and had several conversations with Sam. His numbers speak for themselves for his play. It was such a great thrill to watch him vault over the line, and into the end zone, with his patented leap. He definitely would be a star today, with his combination of size, speed, and power.

        All that said, I will have no quarrel at all with the final result here.

        Thanks for posting it, Steve.