Bama's 11th Annual Draft Contest

  • usrtdsl@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2010
      It is time once again to join in and play the contest that’s sweeping the world. Bama’s 11th Annual NFL Draft Contest.

      The rules remain the same. Match the player and the draft slot correctly and you get points. The most points wins. Teams are irrelevant. If you want to play, send a list of the first 32 players selected in this year’s draft to the list (and copy me at this email) and you will be entered. Please make sure you add the position to the name as, once again, their may be a player or 2 with the same name. The tie breaker will be the next player picked by the Patriots outside of the first round, where ever that may be.

      Points are as follows.

      Positions 1-10, 1 point each.
      Positions 11-20, 2 points each
      Positions 21-32, 3 points each
      Correct Pats pick at 22, 5 points
      Correct Pats pick as a result of a trade, 7 points

      The defending champion is Bama so someone has to knock him off his high horse.

      I like to include a couple of “professional” drafts as well. If anyone has a website that they like, please forward it along to me and I will include it.

      The deadline is going to be noon on April 22, the day of the draft. You can change your entry multiple times before then so go ahead and put some names together and post to the list.

      Cheating is not mandatory but highly encouraged.

      CEO Dave
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 18, 2010

        OK, Dave. I’m going to throw one in this year. Got 2 of them; so why not go for 3?! J

        1   Sam Bradford QB Okl

        2   Ndamakong Suh DT Neb

        3   Gerald McCoy DT Okl

        4   Russell Okung OT Okl St

        5   Bryan Baluga OT Iowa

        6   Eric Berry S Ten

        7   CJ Spiller RB Clemson

        8   Trent Willians  OT Okl

        9   Jimmy Clausen  QB ND

        10  Earl Thomas  S Tex

        11  Rolando McClain ILB Ala

        12  Sergio Kindle DE Tex

        13  Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

        14  Jared Odrick  DT Penn St

        15  Dan Williams DT Ten

        16  Jason Pierre Paul DE UCF

        17  Joe  Haden CB Fla

        18  Demarius Thomas  WR GT

        19  Derrick Morgan DE  GT

        20  Kyle Wilson CB Boise St

        21  Jermaine Gresham TE Okl

        22  Dez Bryant WR Okl St

        23  Mike Iupati OG Idaho

        24  Maurkice Pouncey C Fla

        25  Taylor Mays  S USC

        26  Brandon Graham LB Mich

        27  Roger Saffold OT Ind

        28  Ryan Matthews  RB Fresno St

        29  Carlos Dunlap DE Fla

        30  Brian Price DT UCLA

        31  Charles Brown OT USC

        32  Sean Weatherspoon LB Miss

        Patriots 2nd Round  Jerry Hughes LB TCU

        That will be a ‘best and final’ entry. It has taken me many years to finally understand that, beyond the general fact that most of the players predicted to go in Round 1 will go in Round 1, there’s just no way to predict the order. It’s all darts at the wall, once you ID the players most ‘experts’ see as the top 40 or so.