Patriots Big Surprise at #22

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
      I'm going off the reservation on this one!  Seth Weatherspoon ILB Misouri.  Currently listed as #25 on NFL Darft Scout.  He has the brvado to be another Ray Lewis.  He is constantly talking but can back it up.  Spoon is an every down LB who excels in pass covearge and is a natural leader.  He volunteered to play special teams during the Senior Bowl.  With him combined with Mayo, nobody is going to be running on us this year!

      We can get a very good DT with our second round picks.  I like Odrick, but Weatherspoon is the player to take.

       Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
        He sounds like an awesome player! That would be something to look forward to this season.
        BTW...is everyone okay on here, as far as the flooding goes in the Rhode Island area, etc? I was worried about that.
        I'm going off the reservation on this one!  Seth Weatherspoon ILB Misouri.  Currently listed as #25 on NFL Darft Scout.  He has the brvado to be another Ray Lewis.  He is constantly talking but can back it up.  Spoon is an every down LB who excels in pass covearge and is a natural leader.  He volunteered to play special teams during the Senior Bowl.  With him combined with Mayo, nobody is going to be running on us this year!

        We can get a very good DT with our second round picks.  I like Odrick, but Weatherspoon is the player to take.

         Mark

      • Steve Basile
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2010

          Nice to see Sam Cunningham on there.

          ImgDyn.cfm.gif

          Baze
          --
          Steve Basile
          Manager

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 2010

            WOW, that was a very tough decision for me! I saw all 3 of them play many times. ALL, IMO, are worthy of being in the Patriots’ HOF; and I hope they all will be within the next few years. Each one was a standout in the league at his position for most of their respective careers.

            But, with only one pick this year, I did have to go with Sam Cunningham. Maybe a little personal bias there. I frequently stayed at the Patriots travel hotels in California back in the 70’s, and had several conversations with Sam. His numbers speak for themselves for his play. It was such a great thrill to watch him vault over the line, and into the end zone, with his patented leap. He definitely would be a star today, with his combination of size, speed, and power.

            All that said, I will have no quarrel at all with the final result here.

            Thanks for posting it, Steve.