Re: Pats Not Talking To Faulk

  • Kevin Morgan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2010
      Not resigning Faulk would be a big mistake.  Here is a guy that brings 100% every week and leaves it all on the field.  You can't teach that, it's a character thing. Players either have it or they don't.  The ones that don't can quickly become a cancer in the locker room and/or a festering boil on the team's behind.  Faulk is a guy I would keep.

      Anything can happen, to Anyone, at Anytime.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2010
        I'd keep Faulk as well though I've heard nothing to suggest that isn't in our plans. We are hitting some of the names
        likely to need the time pressure. Kevin is content here and isn't shopping so likelythey've agreed to work on it when
        they finish the first few pushes.

        We heard there were no Vince talks until afterwards when we learned they had agreements three tiems before the signing
        and it went back as far as the Seymour trade time...so rumors are rumors. I join you in wanting Faulk here and won't
        be concerned until he's shopping himself elsewhere.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2010

          Agree 100%, Kevin. (And I’m not biased by sharing the same name with him!) J

          Seriously, though, Faulk is among a small number of Patriots throughout their history who have been true ‘team players’. His level of effort on every play; his willingness to do any job assigned; and his thorough understanding of the game, and each situation on the field, make him an invaluable player for as long as he can physically perform. He clearly still has a lot left in his tank for the limited role he plays. It seems that every play he makes is at a critical time.

          Get the contract done, Patriots. I want Kevin Faulk to play every down of the rest of his career in a Patriots’ uniform!