With the team in San Diego

  • philw1776@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      Members of the Patriots Mailing List had their 4th annual road trip to San
      Diego instead of Miami this year. Apparently our "Jammi" is a curse on the
      team as they always lose on our trip.

      Stayed at the Pats hotel, the Marroitt in La Jolla. Despite the fact that
      they gave away my room reservation the 1st night, I had a great time. Talk
      football in the lobby bar with net Pats fans while players, their families,
      coaches, announcers (Gil & Gino) and whatever walk by. Met Snow Angel
      Paxton's family. Got a good look at a real SB ring. Mega. I befriended Cam
      Cleelands parents, Gene & Camelia. Invited them to ride to the stadium in
      one of our 2 busses and had dinner with them post game. Really nice people.
      Others spent lots of time with Willie McGuinest's parents. Others saw Tom
      Brady take off with Tara Reid and another bimbette in a Porsche Boxter. It's
      wicked pissah sharing the elevator with various players & coaches. I'm no
      autograph hound so it's casual fun. Watched the team board their busses to
      the game. They fly directly home post game.

      Our game tailgate had its logistical snafus, like the food being setup 100
      yards from our tailgate area but it was fun. Enjoyed the topless Pats babe
      with the painted on "bra". (No, it was not Chris' wife)

      Decent side angle endzone seats with Pats fans well represented. Now that
      the Bolts are winning, the stadium sells out. So Cal folks are nothing if not
      trendy. After the game I was greeted with lots of "Hey Chowderhead" calls.
      Got pelted with Bolts paraphenalia when I congratulated them saying, "Hey
      after 30 years of straight losses, you SHOULD celebrate". Somehow, this did
      not placate them.

      -philw (back to a dog free existence)
    • Ram15
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        Yeah, we saw this couple making out in a Porsche next to us in the
        hotel parking lot....didn't think much of it until I saw Tom Brady
        get out of the car. Found out later it was Tara Reid in the car.
        Doesn't he know women weaken legs before a big game??? And couldn't
        he do better than Tara Reid???

        I found the fans to be pretty cool for the most part. Only a couple
        of jerks. Talked to several of them after the game and we all agreed
        on one thing. No matter what happens the rest of the season - beat
        the Raiders. I dislike the Steelers. Dislike the Jets. Dislike the
        Dolphins. I hate the Raiders. All that classless orginization does
        is whine and complain...and sue the NFL.

        Felt bad for the Cleelands since Cam didn't even play.

        People complain about atheletes not being accomodating enough with
        the fans and not signing autographs. Well, I saw this guy at the
        hotel with a couple bags of items (cards, pictures, etc.) paying kids
        to go get autographs from the players. No wonder they don't want to
        sign. It's people like that who ruin it for normal fans.

        George, thanks for organizing everything.

        And Phil, I don't think it was the San Diego fans that were calling
        you a chowder head ;)

        Ram

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
          In a message dated 10/1/2002 10:06:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ram_1515@... writes:

          Yeah, we saw this couple making out in a Porsche next to us in the
          hotel parking lot....didn't think much of it until I saw Tom Brady
          get out of the car.  Found out later it was Tara Reid in the car.
          Doesn't he know women weaken legs before a big game???  And couldn't
          he do better than Tara Reid???

          I volunteer my body to substitute for Brady's so that he will get back his game strength.  How cool is that, seeing that I prefer the raven haired types?

          -philw (the altruist)