RE: [patriotzip] Re: No More Coaches For Patriots

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2010

      I can’t identify anyone that I’d suggest as a possible OC, Kevin. Not now that Weis is gone. But I find it hard to believe that there isn’t an offensive mind out there, either in the NFL or the NCAA who can do a better job of setting up game plans, designing plays, and making in-game adjustments, than what we got from O’Brien and friends last season. The predictability, the imbalance in the run-pass ratio, the excessive use of the shotgun, and the lack of options for passes to RBs and TEs, were all, IMO, deficiencies in the offensive coaching.

      The fact that we saw little, if any, improvement in those things from game 1 to game 17 does not inspire me with confidence that there’s reason to hope for improvement from the same group of coaches next season.

      If BB had hired a new OC, I certainly wouldn’t have been certain that the change would ensure improvement. But I would have had increased hope for it, compared to what I feel right now, with only more of the same to look forward to.

      Tea Party - celebrate American freedom!