Re: [patriotzip] No More Coaches for Patriots?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2010
      I'm still mostly in football hiatus as I await the official start of the off-season. I will watch on Sunday, of
      course, but haven't put too much effort into Pats related details.

      On the "If it's broke fix it" mantra I would only note there are many ways to 'fix' things and throwing bodies at a
      problem isn't always the best approach.

      In BBs first year with the Pats (2000) he had no defensive coordinator and many people felt it stretched him too thin
      and impacted the performance. He added Romeo and things went rather well. That lends credence to the reasons I would
      prefer to see a DC or OC (or both preferably) with this team. Despite this putting the wrong people in the position is
      not a benefit and I suspect BB is aware his team wasn't good enough in many areas. I choose to believe he does have a
      plan because that is his approach to everything. I wish I could see his plan clearly to build my confidence but I also
      acknowledge that is rarely his approach. As such I'll have to just watch for the results through the off-season and
      then the more important judgment in September.