Rex Ryan

  • the Shmoo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      Our coach would never do this. Ryan has no class.
      From NFL news:

      Rex Ryan apologizes for gesture

      New York Jets coach Rex Ryan apologized Sunday for making
      an obscene gesture at a mixed martial arts event. Ryan was
      booed Saturday night while doing a TV interview at the MMA
      event in the Bank Atlantic Center, the Florida Panthers'
      home arena. He was smiling when caught making the gesture
      by a cell phone camera.

      "It was stupid and inappropriate," Ryan said. "I wouldn't
      accept that type of behavior from one of the coaches or
      players and it's unacceptable from me. I apologize to the
      Jets organization, the National Football League and NFL
      fans everywhere."

      Ryan led the Jets to the AFC championship game after they
      went 9-7 during the season to earn a wild card in his first
      year as an NFL head coach. He made headlines with his
      confident statements, including saying the Jets should be
      the favorite to win the Super Bowl when the playoffs began.

      He previously had a verbal feud with Miami linebacker
      Channing Crowder, and deep in Dolphins territory, he was a
      likely target for boos. Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum
      added the organization will address the matter internally.
      "Rex showed extremely poor judgment and his conduct was
      inappropriate. He knows he was wrong, has apologized and
      we have accepted his apology," Tannenbaum said in a statement.

      Ryan could be subject to a league fine under the NFL's
      personal conduct policy.