East West Shrine Game recap

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2010
      A little late ...

      I read the pratice writeups from several sources, watched the game live and then went back and re-watched the game on tape and these were theplayers that impressed me the most.

      DE

      Lindsey Witten UConn
      Earl Mitchell Arizona

      Greg Hardy has a great 1st step but takes too many plays off and has a bad rep for being lazy and doesn't like to work.

      DE/LB Obrien Schofiled - 1st time playing LB and got some attention from RAC.  Had a pick in the game.  Impressive for a player playing the position for the first time.

      WR
      Aldric Arnett Wset Virginia  catches the ball well, got open and blocks downfield well
      Freddie Barnes Bowling Green  catches everything thrown in his area, runs great routes and reads defenses well to sit in the holes in the zone.  Slow for a WR which will push him down to a Day 3 picks late.  Not inivited to Combine
      Blair White Mich St very impressive game and pretty quick for a white boy

      TE  Dennis Pitta BYU very good at catching the ball - looked like David Thomas.

      FS
      Kam Chancellor Virginia Tech - Huge for a FS.  Could play LB he is that big.  Had the recovery speed to play two deep Big hitter too.  Most impressive player at the Shrine game.

      CB
      Jamar Wall Texas Tech stood out

      OL
      Rodger Saffold Indiana - could be this years Vollmer, except he has an invitation to the combine

      Others

      Mike McGlaughlin ILB BC had a great week.  Really stood out as a team leader and had big hits all week in practice.  Undersized (6' 1") and will make some team as a special teams player.

      Michael Kaftka QB Northwestern - most impressive QB in the game  - will be a backup and has alot of experience (3 yr starter in Big Ten)  Led North to last second victory.

      Javaris James RB Miami - injured most of the season - could be a late round selection that could surprise.