Re: [patriotzip] Re: Tom Flores, that sneaky Chief!

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2010
      Wow!  Tom Flores played for the Kansas City Chiefs in 1969.  He completed his one pass for 33 yards, with gives him a QB Rating of 158.3, the highest possible.

      In the Super Bowl itself, the broadcast must have zoomed in fifty times on Len Dawson, who played under the shadow of being accused of association with a gambler named "Dice" Dawson.  I doubt anyone mentioned Tom Flores that day, but he qualifies as a Super Bowl winner as a player.

      Cowher? When Brian Sipe was intercepted in the AFC Championship game, with the Browns trailing 14-12, Oakland and not Cleveland went to Super Bowl XV.  Cowher was a Brown and an Eagle, but not a Steeler.

      So, Tom Flores: good for him!  If anyone asks which Latino coach/Latino QB won a SB, it would be Flores and Plunkett, but twice, not once!!!!