Re: [patriotzip] Pick Your Poison//OT--NFC

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2010
      Well, 24 to be exact (1986 Super Bowl) but who's counting...lol? I can't believe it's been that long, geez.... I was right out of college. NOOOOO, I've never been a bandwagoner for any team or anything for that matter. Rams were here in L.A. and we had tickets for 4 years, but with the other teams I sort of grabbed them for other reasons....Cowboys for Aikman, Vikings and Pats inherited by marriage if you will. I followed the Pats all those years, through different coaches and players and those two nasty Super Bowls. I do have to admit that with the Bears we were just plain outmatched--they had a season in which they'd get lucky and sqeak out victories in quite a few games (as did the Whiners in their glory years), but they were the ones standing with the trophy at the end. We were outplayed...but 1997 against Favre was disappointing.
      I've rooted for my own teams when they had games, but I've always rooted for the Patriots too. The 2002 Super Bowl with the Rams was hard for me, but I was glad that the Pats won because the Rams had already gotten a victory. Now I will root for the Pats over any of my teams.
      I'm not native California, but have been here since I was about 4--was born in (gag) Buffalo, how ironic!
      Love the New England area and actually wish I lived in the Boston.
      Here's to a victory parade next year for our Pats AND I know the route they take...saw the victory parade for the Celtics in June 2008 (against the Lakers). GO PATS!!!!
      Where's Randy these days? Hope he doesn't mind some off-season discussion.
      From: "Susan Moore" <scmoore3@verizon. net>
      Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:22:52 -0800

      Sigh....I know George, it's hard to root for either team now. While I don't like the Chargers (and I live in L.A.), I really didn't want to see our nemesis win either. I don't really want to hear over and over about "Sanchez from USC this, etc".
      BUT, now for me it's anybody but Goober--can't stand his smug face as he walked off the field. I thought the Ravens would have given them more of a challenge too.
      My Cowboys blew it today but I still think that I'm going to root for the NFC team in the SB. New Orleans has never been to a Super Bowl and the Vikings have been but never won. Don't really care now as long as Goober and his Nags go down before the Super Bowl.

      2011 WILL be the year of the Patriots!!!! !!!!!!!