Romeo Crennel

  • the Shmoo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13 12:53 PM
      AP is reporting that Romeo is giving the KC Chiefs first shot at hiring him as Def Coordinator, per his agent. He also has spoken to the Giants about their same open position. I guess the Patriots coaches have just about all followed Scott Pioli to KC. Will BB be next?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13 7:16 PM

        So, two thirds of the triumvirate that built and coached our team to 3 Super Bowl wins has returned to the same level they held with the Patriots; but have gone to another team.

        I have to wonder if this is simply a reflection of Kraft's historic reluctance to pay assistant coaches well; or if it's something more "personal" in the relationship between Charlie, RAC, and BB; and the respect those two have for him.

        I have to wonder if BB even made an effort to contact either Weis or Crennel, and bring the team back together. Is is possible that BB's ego stood in the way of acknowledging that he needed one or both of these guys to achieve that same level of success? I don't know. But I do have to wonder.

        I am totally convinced, as I've said repeatedly, that the 'Belichick Coaching Academy' has been a failure. I believe that this team needs and experienced and successful coach added as OC; and probably one as DC, as well. I believe that BB is stretched too thin; and that the players are not receiving adequate 1-on-1 coaching. I believe that our game plans and play design, on both sides of the ball, are no longer among the best in the NFL; and that the coaching is totally responsible for that.

        Does BB agree? Will he move to upgrade the coaching staff. We see no sign of it yet; while other teams are making moves every day.

        I am having serious doubts about the future of this team with BB as its' leader. If he doesn't move to improve the coaching staff, I will have to believe that the answers to the questions I asked above will be on the wrong side. And, if that's the case, the Patriots' era of greatness truly is over.

        What do you think?

        George

        AP is reporting that Romeo is giving the KC Chiefs first shot at hiring him as Def Coordinator, per his agent. He also has spoken to the Giants about their same open position. I guess the Patriots coaches have just about all followed Scott Pioli to KC. Will BB be next?

      • David Price
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13 8:57 PM

          According to the Sports Radio station I listen to, both Weis and Crennel were contacted by the Patriots.

          To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com