More Afterglow of the Hated Jets Destruction

  • philw1776@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2002
      NY Daily News:

      You can't criticize the Jets for not trying to get the ball to WR Santana
      Moss. Against the Patriots, he had nine balls thrown to him, but only one
      pass was completed.

      This is becoming a disturbing trend. Counting last season, Moss' numbers
      read like this: 26 balls, four completions, an average below the Mendoza
      line.

      The former No. 1 pick admitted there were three other passes he should've
      caught on Sunday. Moss sounded like he was confused by the Patriots'
      ever-changing coverages.

      "At one point, I saw so many safeties and corners on the field that it was
      like, 'What are they doing?'" he said. "They had three safeties and three
      corners. It was crazy."

      Moss is looking like a major round 1 BUST. He's a smallish guy, scared
      shitless at the prospect of facing the deadly safety Troika of Lawyer
      Milloy-TBKY and V Green.
      It sure does not sound like coach Herm perpared his players for the big
      nickle D, does it? How much longer can we rely on NFL HCs being lazy and
      stupid?

      -philw (Jets Delenda Est)