Re: [patriotzip] Fandom of Team and Sport

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
      I agree Jennifer. You can always have another kid but there is an awful long waiting list for season tix to the Pats. :)

      Harry

      At 02:11 PM 1/3/2010 -0800, you wrote:

      In baseball for me a New York Yankmees loss gives me as much joy as a red sox win. I hate the Yankees so much I vote republican because they have never won a world series the same year a republican has been elected president.

      But there is not a football team that I have that same deep seeded hatered . I think the two team I enjoy hateing the most are the jets and the cowgirls. The cowgirls probably come the closest to the same hate I have for the yankmees. If the Pats lose and the cowgirls lose it kind of even outs my mood for that day. Living in cowgirl country has increased my hatered and them lossing gives me almost as much joy as the patriots winning but I much rather see the Pats win than the cowgirls lose.

      But while I hate the team, my hatered does not spill over towards their fans. I was at a cowboy game and a guy threaten to punch my pregnant sister, because she supported the patriots

      I think there is a fine line one should walk between supports your team and being an obnoxious ass. Kansas city is a perfect example, they love their team but the were very friendly towards my sister and I. Houston and Dallas were the worst cities in treatment towards opposing fans. I love the Pats but I wouldn't get in a fight over them. Sell my first child for season tickets , maybe but pick a fight with some Romo fan , NO.

      Sent from my iPhone