can Whillite cover anyone, or figure out where he is suppose to be?!?!?!

  • tacoma4
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
      I would think after a whole season,Jonathan Whillite would be a better back.Could they not find anyone better than this guy out there somewhere??Seems like constantly blown coverages,or being in the wrong spot or the wrong side of the receiver.
    • Mark Morse
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
        Since this was a meaningless game I would like to have seen what Kyle Arrington would do given the opportunity to play CB.    I too have seen enough of the back of Wilhite's jersey.  Butler was lucky today.  He never looked back on either of those long passes.  I don't think the second was pass interference.  Butler did extend his arms, which appeared to be PI, but he never touched the WR.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2010
          No doubt Wilhite dropped on the depth chart still further. I hope Bodden was just getting some rest while giving
          Butler a chance for some primary work. Certainly didn't like seeing the uncoverred TE on the first drive, Wilhite solo
          on Andre Johnson and several other defensive approaches. I really think the game scheming forward will help and that
          Bodden, Springs, Butler is a stronger depth chart that protects us from Wilhite's fall from grace and step backward
          over the season.

          Butler does have to learn to turn a bit for the ball but I suspect Mark is right on that it was a weak call -
          especially given we didn't get the counter call on our final pass from Hoyer.