Somewhat Expected, but Still Discouraging

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2010
      I was hoping the Pats would prove me wrong, but they didn't match up well against the Texans. They tried to slow Houston's passing game down by over playing the pass big time. That allowed the Texans, not a very good running team, to pound us with the run. PLUS the Texans still passed the ball well.

      I thought Hoyer's play was encouraging. Once he was in, he should have stayed in. Instead, he got yanked, cooled off,and then got asked to come back in in a situation where Tom Brady was falling apart and contributing to yet another second half collapse.

      Welker's injury is discouraging. Coughing up a 14 point fourth quarter lead with our starters in the game was disheartening. The defense was overmatched and deserves plenty of blame, but how about an offense that went 3 and out on one possession and followed that with a turnover that gave Houston great field position? Hey! Way to help the defense with ball control and running some clock, guys!

      The big problem is that the playoff picture is filled with teams that present similar match up problems for the Pats. Let's hope we don't get one of those teams next week.

      Scott Sheaffer