Texans vs Pats

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
      Some times it's all about matchups. We've heard about 2-14 teams who give a 14-2 team a tough time because while they may not matchup well against most of the league, they happen to matchup well against that 14-2 team.

      As far as matchups go, even if Brady and all the starters play, the Texans have an edge in the passing game. It's not a huge edge, but they have the edge.

      Add in that this game is on the road where the Pats have struggled all year, and this one doesn't look good even if the starters play the whole way.

      Of course, indications are that the starters won't go the whole way.

      I'd be surprised if the Pats win this one. It'd be a nice surprise, and I'd love to be proven wrong. This game could be a measuring stick to see if the defense has made any improvement against more potent offenses such as those fielded by the Chargers, Colts, Steelers, or the Saints among others.

      Scott Sheaffer
    • David Price
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010

        Man, I sure hope Welker is okay.