Re: Healthy Patriots Should Play

  • kmacalp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
      I love the "Crush your enemies and hear the lamentations of their women" quote, Kevin.I often thought of applying this to the Patriots especially with the way other teams' fans whine every time the Pats win something. I'm a huge fan of Robert E. Howard, the creator of Conan. That line never appeared in any of Howard's Conan stories, but it did appear in the movie Conan the Barbarian which many Howard fans regard as an embarrassment. I think the quote is originally attributed to Genghis Khan, and the movie makers put it in Conan's mouth. I have Harold Lamb's Genghis Khan: Emperor of All Men, and the dust jacket has a variation of the quote. "His greatest happiness was to crush his enemies, to see them fall at his feet, to take their horses and goods, and to hear the lamentations of their women." (Incidentally, Robert E. Howard was a fan of Harold Lamb's)

      To bring this back on topic, for the Pats it should be "Crush your enemies and hear the lamentations of their fans."